FW: BBC Dramatisation Caesar!

  • Vicki Cline
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2005
      I got this from another mailing list. I listened to a bit of the show (you
      need to click the link for "Listen to Sunday Edition" under "Listen to the
      Latest Programme"). It was pretty interesting. It's slightly under 1 hour
      in all.

      Vicki
      aka vlcroman

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/classic_serial.shtml

      A listen again item so will be there for one week. Might be worth catching.

      Sunday 17 July

      Caesar!

      By Mike Walker

      The golden age of Rome under the great Emperors of peace - Nero, Hadrian and
      Marcus Aurelius, and the disastrous rule of Marcus Aurelius' son Commodus -
      drawing on Lives of the Caesars by Suetonius

      1/3. The Best of Mothers
      Was the Emperor Nero was a thwarted artist who hated violence and was only
      brought down for transgressing the Roman code of gravitas?

      With Jonathan Forbes, Frances Barber, Stephen Boxer, Nicholas Boulton, Ndidi
      Ama, Jason Chan, Christian Rodska, Hugh Dickson, and Stephen Hogan.

      Music by David Pickvance and Sylvia Hallett. Director Steven Canny. Producer
      Jeremy Mortimer.

      Please note that this drama contains adult language and imagery and
      therefore might not be suitable for younger listeners.