Next Chats / Chatroom Access

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2000
      Hi!

      Our next chat will be Wednesday, March 1 for Livy Books III & IV.
      see http://members.xoom.com/placida/booklist2.htm

      Thereafter, starting March 15, I propose we switch to fiction, and the most
      logical selection in chronology would be Ross Leckie's two novels: "Hannibal,
      the Novel" and "Scipio Africanus, the Man who Defeated Hannibal". The books
      have both their fans and their detractors, so they should be interesting to
      read and chat about. Jim Bloom has provided us already with a good background
      reading list, and I will put all this on our web page soon. This will take us
      into late Spring, I'd guess.

      I welcome any reading suggestions at any time! One of the criteria for
      selection will be the general availability of the book.
      ---

      The CHATROOM: I understand that some people have problems accessing or
      staying in the chat room. Here are some tips:

      For AOL'ers, you have you sign on to AOL, then click on the browser on your
      desktop and sign on to the chat that way. It works for me, and I have
      bookmarked the chat page in my browser, IE 5.0.

      For people with Macs and/or Netscape, as well as those on WebTV, it is
      strongly recommended to change the chat preferences from the (default) Java
      to the alternative option, HTML. It does not make any other difference, you
      just type your text in as usual.

      I'm willing to test this with any one of you, if you e-mail me at
      IrenesBooks@... .

      Irene
      http://members.xoom.com/placida