Re: Six part Empire on ABC

  • cinnacor
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
      I agree with Aulus that there was a lot of playing arond with history
      to fit the storyline. Cicero's view of Caesar was too mild. But
      Cierco did favor Octavius as a balance against Mark Antony later on.
      I thought while the killing of Caesar was in the wrong place the
      Curia instead of Pompey's threatre. It was more accurate than Tnt's
      Caesar which did a post modern scene with Calpurinia at the end. As I
      say the best part was having Brutus's mother there in this series. Of
      Caesar's most famous women,this is the first time she had appeared on
      TV.
      Cinnacor

      --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Irene Hahn
      <irenesbooks@o...> wrote:
      > Did you read Aulus' comments on the Ancient/Classical History forum?
      >
      > http://forums.about.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?
      nav=messages&tsn=1&tid=4203&webtag=ab-ancienthist

      > Irene

      Servila
      > is mention about having an affair with Caesar. Her name is not
      given.
      > Both Calpurnia and Cleopatra missing to fit the drama.
      > Cicero was in this time.
      > Cinnacor

      of Service.

    • Karen Mercedes
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2005
        I need to remedy an embarassing gap in my library.

        I'd love recommendations on the best translation of Caesar's Civil Wars and Gallic War.

        Also which translation of Livy do you recommend?

        Karen Mercedes