One More Suggestion

  • vlc2_sims
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30 4:23 PM
      I forgot about this one. How about reading Shakespeare's Coriolanus
      along with Plutarch's version. Or any other Plutarch/Shakespeare combo.

      Vicki
      aka vlcroman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30 5:11 PM
        I'm currently side-tracked by a time consuming website project with a deadline.

        Would anyone volunteer to compile a list of the reading suggestions?

        Thanks a mill!

        Member of Literature Reading Circle
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle/

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
          I can do it. Would we just post it here or would you put it on your
          Website? Let me know what I need to do and when it needs to be finished.

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
            If you post it here, I can put it on the website and publish it.

            I think it should be one book per author. I would also like some nonfiction included, such as the next installment of Livy. (After the Punic Wars.)

            It should be ready for discussion and decision by our 2nd July chat, July 20, i.e., maybe a week or so before that.

            (So, any one who has more suggestions, please post it here by July 10!)

            Thanks so much!

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
              We did Livy Books I-V, right? So the next one would be VI-X - the Penguin
              edition is called "Rome and Italy." Or am I confused? I don't see one on
              Amazon called "After the Punic Wars."

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2005
                It would be "Rome and the Mediterranean", a big tome.