Non-Fiction Suggestions

  • vlc2_sims
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      I bought "The Education of Julius Caesar: A Biography, a
      Reconstruction" by Arthur D. Kahn used a while ago but haven't read
      it, and would really like to. It's pretty long, though and I'm not
      sure how long it would take to read and discuss.

      Another one I have and would like to read is "Swords Against the
      Senate: The Rise of the Roman Army and the Fall of the Republic" by
      Erik Hildinger.

      Anybody have an opinion about "Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman
      Republic" by Tom Holland? Another one I bought.

      I also have one of the Penguin editions of Ovid's poems. I've just
      glanced at it and it's pretty interesting. I don't know how we'd
      discuss it, though.

      Finally, I'm willing to read anything by Cicero, and have the Loeb
      edition of his letters to Atticus.

      I know it sounds like I have a lot of books I haven't read, but I
      don't seem to be able to stop watching TV and playing computer
      games. Shame on me!

      Vicki
      aka vlcroman