Re: Possible future "reads"?

  • lennep95
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 23, 2005

      > More to the point, is there a FAQ that lists all the books you've
      already read, so one doesn't have to go back through the calendar
      month by month to try and figure it out?
      > --
      >
      > Karen Mercedes

      We don't have a list of prior reads, but I could recreate it.

      There is much that the group has read in the past but not the current
      membership.

      I will have something up in a week or so.

      I will also create a list of current suggestions.

      Irene
    • vlc2_sims
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 30, 2005
        --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, Karen Mercedes
        <dalila@R...> wrote:
        > I just finished Simon Scarrow's UNDER THE EAGLE and wondered if
        anyone else has read it, and if so what they thought of it. Worthy of
        discussion on the list? Or has it already been discussed? (I'm new
        here.)

        > Karen Mercedes

        Yes, I read it and liked it, and the sequel also. Not great
        literature, but I became fond of Optio Cato, although Vitellius was too
        much of a stock villain. I'll be reading #3 when I get a chance. They
        struck me as something an adolescent boy might like (which I'm
        definitely not!).

        Vicki
        aka vlcroman
      • Ba Qua
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1, 2005
          My husband bought the Scarrow books ages ago and I despised them as
          inaccurate, I eventually read one in desperation for something to read and
          have since gobbled up the whole series and am waiting for the latest to come
          out in hardback in August. Not great literature, not particularly accurate,
          but a jolly good read.
          Ba.

          > I just finished Simon Scarrow's UNDER THE EAGLE and wondered if
          anyone else has read it, and if so what they thought of it. Worthy of
          discussion on the list? Or has it already been discussed? (I'm new
          here.)

          > Karen Mercedes

          Yes, I read it and liked it, and the sequel also. Not great
          literature, but I became fond of Optio Cato, although Vitellius was too
          much of a stock villain. I'll be reading #3 when I get a chance. They
          struck me as something an adolescent boy might like (which I'm
          definitely not!).

          Vicki
          aka vlcroman

          Yahoo! Groups Links