Classics Central

  • David Meadows
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2005
      I'd like to draw listmembers' attention to a new online forum I've
      created called Classics Central. It is designed to fill what I've
      perceived as a long-standing need for a 'central' bulletin board (in
      the almost traditional sense of the word) where people of a Classical
      bent can seek out job listings, conference listings, calls for papers,
      etc. in the field of Classics (and Latin teaching too!). There is also
      an area to discuss things associated with my various newsletters (and
      website, which will have a pile of associated announcements soon) and
      -- of particular interest to Latin types -- an area called RFT
      (requests for translations) where people are invited to post their
      latin translation requests (there's one there now!) and hopefully, the
      Latin-learned community will take advantage of the outreach opportunity.

      I'm encouraging all members to at least pay the site a visit and, in
      the future (or even near future) feel free to post (and/or send to me)
      job listings, announcements of local talks etc... It would be nice if
      you'd join, but it's not mandatory for posting (or reading) purposes.
      I'm hoping in the long run that Classics Central will serve to
      demonstrate how much is really happening in our field (and, by
      extension, encourage more people to engage in the study thereof). Just
      check out the Calendar for April to get an idea ...

      http://s9.invisionfree.com/Classics_Central/index.php?act=idx

      dm
    • Ancientworldbooks
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23 7:59 AM
        Hello Folks,

        I've just uploaded some inventory to my relatively new website at www.ancientworldbooks.com . We're offering a selection of books on Roman history or Classics for the scholar or the enthusiast. Books are sold on a first come, first served basis. Details about the books, shipping costs, and condition are available at my website. I'll contact you if the book is oversized or overweight. Feel free to browse! I will be listing more books on the website within the next few weeks. Keep me bookmarked!

        Thank you,
        Shal
        Website: www.ancientworldbooks.com
        Email: info@...