New Book: The Quest for the Lost Roman Legions

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2005
      Hi all!

      Those of you who have followed my travelogues may have read about the discovery of the Varus battlefield in Kalkriese, Germany, and the related book by its discoverer, Major Tony Clunn, then only available in the UK and in the German translation.

      The book is now scheduled to come out in the U.S. in an expanded and revised version, "The Quest for the Lost Roman Legions: Discovering the Varus Battlefield".

      Here is an advance notice and interview with the author, who soon will embark on a U.S. book tour:

      http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/r_lladvance.htm

      I'm waiting for a review copy of the book and will keep you posted.

      Member of Literature Reading Circle
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle/