Seasons Greetings - Book Chats in 2005

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2004
      Io! Saturnalia!

      Please go to http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/booklist2.htm to find out what's coming up.

      January 5 will be an "Open Chat," i.e., you may list and recommend your favorite books, and we can discuss what to read through 2005. Both literary fiction, mysteries and nonfiction.

      Due the closeness of the dates, the February 2 discussion should be on a readily available and easy to read book.

      Please remember that your recommendations should be available in public libraries (USans: There is always the interlibrary loan service), or at least in paperback.

      January 19 we will discuss "Germanicus Mosaic" by Rosemary Rowe, a mystery set in 186 C.E. in Roman Britain. This is the first book in Ms. Rowe's "Libertus" series.

      Meanwhile, enjoy the holiday season. I'm going to trim the tree now... ;-)

      Member of Literature Reading Circle
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle/