RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member

  • nemesis eudaimonos
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
      Thank you, Vicki,
      I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
      threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
      the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
      suggested:
      http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

      N.S. Gill

      About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
      http://ancienthistory.about.com

      >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
      >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
      >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
      >
      >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
      >has a thread on recommended books at
      >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
      >
      >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
      >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
      >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
      >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
      >
      >Vicki

    • Vicki Cline
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
        Thanks for this link. I remember seeing this page before but didn't know
        how to get to it. I'm not very experienced in navigating the About.com
        site. How does one get to the Ancient/Classical History blog?

        I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
        threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
        the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
        suggested:
        http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

        N.S. Gill

        About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
        http://ancienthistory.about.com

        >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
        >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
        >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
        >
        >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
        >has a thread on recommended books at
        >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
        >
        >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
        >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
        >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
        >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
        >
        >Vicki

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • nemesis eudaimonos