Re: [Roman_History_Books] Getting Started

  • Ancientworldbooks
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2004
      Hi Vicki,

      Read the obituary of Michael Grant
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/10/08/db0801.xml&sSheet=/portal/2004/10/08/ixportal.html

      I quote: "When discussing the novel Quo Vadis - which took its title from the reputed words of the resurrected Christ to St Peter - he commented: "A classical Roman would have said Quo Is. What a pity that our Lord spoke such late and inferior Latin." "

      though I think it was St. Peter asking Jesus "Where ya going?"

      Shal

      Vicki Cline <vcline1@...> wrote:
      Oops! You are so right! I keep forgetting (or blocking) that. It just sounds so weird. Sorry for the mistake.

      What's the difference between vadis and is? Don't they both mean "you go/are going"?