Re: [Roman_History_Books] New Member

  • Helen
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 15, 2004
      Thank you Irene

      No, it is too far back to remember. I was thinking last week that I would
      like to re some of the books again and familiarise myself with that time
      period. Then I found this site, and the rest, as they say is ...... History
      I know. Terrible but I had to say it.

      I went to the local library today and found a few books but not the ones up
      for discussion. I think I will ease my self into the group slowly.

      Helen

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lfvqc4/M=313395.5586866.6652554
      5263583/D=gr

      oups/S=1705737312:HM/EXP=1100621090/A=2393704/R=1/SIG=12ai9m0a5/*http://adfa
      rm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/4712-24064-1039-7?mpt=1100534690387105> Click Here

      <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=313395.5586866.6652554
      5263583/D=groups/S=
      :HM/A=2393704/rand=346260674>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      com?subject=Unsubscribe>

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

    • Vicki Cline
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 16, 2004
        Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com has a thread on recommended books at
        http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1

        If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
          Thank you, Vicki,
          I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
          threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
          the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
          suggested:
          http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

          N.S. Gill

          About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
          http://ancienthistory.about.com

          >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
          >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
          >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
          >
          >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
          >has a thread on recommended books at
          >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
          >
          >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
          >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
          >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
          >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
          >
          >Vicki

        • Vicki Cline
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
            Thanks for this link. I remember seeing this page before but didn't know
            how to get to it. I'm not very experienced in navigating the About.com
            site. How does one get to the Ancient/Classical History blog?

            I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
            threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
            the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
            suggested:
            http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

            N.S. Gill

            About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
            http://ancienthistory.about.com

            >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
            >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
            >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
            >
            >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
            >has a thread on recommended books at
            >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
            >
            >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
            >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
            >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
            >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
            >
            >Vicki

            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • nemesis eudaimonos