Re: [Roman_History_Books] New Member

    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 15, 2004
      Welcome, Helen!

      Here is a reading list, although that may be a bit overwhelming:

      http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/booklist1a.htm

      May I suggest that you browse through this site, with which we are connected and which has a related forum which some of us also frequent: http://ancienthistory.about.com/

      Those 30 years ago, was ther a specific Roman era that you were interested in?

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 15, 2004
        Oops, I should have whittled it down to http://ancienthistory.about.com/od/romeancientrome/

        :-)

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 15, 2004
          Thank you Irene

          No, it is too far back to remember. I was thinking last week that I would
          like to re some of the books again and familiarise myself with that time
          period. Then I found this site, and the rest, as they say is ...... History
          I know. Terrible but I had to say it.

          I went to the local library today and found a few books but not the ones up
          for discussion. I think I will ease my self into the group slowly.

          Helen

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lfvqc4/M=313395.5586866.6652554
          5263583/D=gr

          oups/S=1705737312:HM/EXP=1100621090/A=2393704/R=1/SIG=12ai9m0a5/*http://adfa
          rm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/4712-24064-1039-7?mpt=1100534690387105> Click Here

          <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=313395.5586866.6652554
          5263583/D=groups/S=
          :HM/A=2393704/rand=346260674>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          com?subject=Unsubscribe>

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          To visit your group on the web, go to:

        • Vicki Cline
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 16, 2004
            Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com has a thread on recommended books at
            http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1

            If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
              Thank you, Vicki,
              I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
              threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
              the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
              suggested:
              http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

              N.S. Gill

              About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
              http://ancienthistory.about.com

              >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
              >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
              >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
              >
              >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
              >has a thread on recommended books at
              >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
              >
              >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
              >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
              >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
              >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
              >
              >Vicki

            • Vicki Cline
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 21, 2004
                Thanks for this link. I remember seeing this page before but didn't know
                how to get to it. I'm not very experienced in navigating the About.com
                site. How does one get to the Ancient/Classical History blog?

                I find it very difficult to search for and fing items on the forum, so when
                threads strike me as of broad interest and I have the time, I put them into
                the Ancient/Classical History blog. Here is the blog URL for the thread you
                suggested:
                http://ancienthistory.about.com/b/a/108372.htm

                N.S. Gill

                About Guide to Ancient/Classical History
                http://ancienthistory.about.com

                >From: Vicki Cline <vcline1@...>
                >To: Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: RE: [Roman_History_Books] New Member
                >Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:01:54 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
                >
                >Helen, if you're interested in historical fiction, the forum at About.com
                >has a thread on recommended books at
                >http://forums.about.com/ab-ancienthist/messages?msg=3931.1&redirCnt=1
                >
                >If that link doesn't work, you can start at the main page for Ancient
                >History at http://ancienthistory.about.com/ and get into the forum from
                >there. Then go to the folder called "For Writers" and read the topic
                >called "Recommendations vs. Favorites."
                >
                >Vicki

                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • nemesis eudaimonos