New Classical E-text Source

  • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2000
      This reached me via the ANcient/Classical History Forum:

      The University of California Press recently launched its first electronic
      editions. There are now nearly 60 full-text, fully searchable titles
      available on the Web, including a number in Classics. Best of all, the
      e-editions are completely free!
      The e-editions can be accessed from the UC Press Web site:
      http://www.ucpress.edu Below I've listed the Classics e-books currently
      available. The link will take you to the UCPress Web catalog page for the
      book; just click on "read this book online" to get to the e-edition.

      In addition to books in Classics, you'll find titles in African studies,
      European history, literature, Middle Eastern studies, and South Asian
      studies. More e-editions will be coming soon, including titles that will be
      available on the Web before they are published in book form, so stay tuned.

      **
      Boyarin, Daniel
      A Radical Jew: Paul and the Politics of Identity
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/6414.html

      Crane, Gregory
      Thucydides and the Ancient Simplicity: The Limits of Political Realism
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/6843.html

      Feldherr, Andrew
      Spectacle and Society in Livy's History
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/7089.html

      Green, Peter
      Hellenistic History and Culture
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/5827.html

      Koortbojian, Michael
      Myth, Meaning, and Memory on Roman Sarcophagi
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/6348.html

      Krueger, Derek
      Symeon the Holy Fool: Leontius's Life and the Late Antique City
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/6552.html

      Mikalson, Jon D.
      Religion in Hellenistic Athens
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/7086.html

      Rocco, Christopher
      Tragedy and Enlightenment: Athenian Political Thought and the Dilemmas of
      Modernity
      http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/6822.html

      Irene
    • vlc2_sims
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 18, 2005
        I was going through old postings on this egroup and ran across this
        one. Since we're going to be doing Livy in January, it might be
        interesting to take a look at

        Spectacle and Society in Livy's History by Andrew Feldherr
        http://www.ucpress.edu/books/pages/7089.html

        I think it's amazing that UC Press put the entire texts of their
        books online. Makes me proud to be a Cal grad!

        Vicki
        aka vlcroman

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 18, 2005
          Oh WOW!