How do we know what happened in AD 253?

  • rmbeale
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2004
      Hi friends,

      I'm looking for the original sources of information for the Roman
      empire during the time of Trajan Decius through Aemilian. I
      assumed the Historia Augusta would help, but was surprised to find
      out that these years are not included.
      Does anyone what sources we have used to understand these times? (or
      especially, any books in English that have translations)

      Best regards,
      Richard Beale