Book Chat: Ovid by David Wishart

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2004
      Our next Book is:

      David Wishart : Ovid
      Paperback, ISBN: 0340646837
      the first Marcus Corvinus Mystery

      "Like I say, Rome's strong meat. It may hurt you, it may even kill you, but it'll never bore you."
      Marcus Valerius Messala Corvinus

      Ovid has died in exile, and Marcus Corvinus, whose grandfather was a patron of the poet, is asked for help to get his ashes home, only to experience extreme resistance from the Palace. Which only puts his back up . . .

      Because this is a mystery, and reading it in chapters might spoil the suspense for those still behind, we'll discuss the entire book for a change.

      Tentative starting date is Wednesday April 7. We will try to find a better chat room too by then.

      For more, go to http://romanhistorybooksandmore.freeservers.com/booklist2.htm