Looking for books on Roman Crisis period

  • rmbeale
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 28, 2003
      Hello,
      I am trying to find books that cover, in detail, the period 235-285
      (especially the periods of Trebonianus Gallus and Aemilian). I got
      some help on this list and was recommended to get "Roman
      government's response to crisis A.D. 235-337" by Ramsey MacMullen.
      I have actually ordered the book twice from booksellers, and both
      times they had to write that they actually didn't have the book.
      Does anyone on this list have a copy that they would sell, or know
      where one can be found? (Abebooks.com has a seller that will copy
      one but they won't garantee that the diagrams and pictures will come
      out ok). Also, are there any books that list members might
      recommend? (I do have Gibbon).
      Thank you and Merry Christmas,
      Richard Beale
    • ptobey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 29, 2003
        Bibliofind turns up two, for sale in amazon.com, but pricey!

        http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/search-handle-url/ix%3Dfixed-price%26fqp%3Dbrowse%0168293%02title%01Roman%20government%27s%20response%20to%20crisis%26nsp%3
        Dstore%01zshops-rare-books%02referring-site%01bibliofind/103-5078332-4351022

        That's all I turned up. My favorite online used bookstore, powells.com,
        didn't have it. Neither did www.biblio.com.

        But here is a link to booksearching online, several of which I've used, so
        maybe this will help:
        http://www.harrogate.co.uk/harrogate-band/bookwebs.htm

        Pam