Re: Life after Justinian, Poll

  • DTibbe2926@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 7, 2000
      Hi there,

      << "The Etruscan" by the Finnish author Waltari. It's heavily out of print.
      Also, I read it recently and have to say that this is the weirdest book I
      have read in a long time! >>

      Never thought I'd ever see Waltari mentioned. Has anyone read his book 'The
      Roman'? Set in 1st century AD. Interesting if a little farfetched.

      Though not my area of interest I'd go with Livy.

      Keep up the good work

      David the Lurker
    • MarkowitzH@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 7, 2000
        Irene:

        Good news on combining groups. I will be back with the discussion group when
        it next meets, I hope, and look forward to hearing familiar voices (reading
        familiar names?).

        My vote is for Livy, but I will go along with the crowd.

        Another good paperback reference on the Etruscans, also out of print I
        believe, is "The Etruscans in the Ancient World" by Von Vacano (Indiana
        University Press, LC number 60-16881). Reprinted at least once by St.
        Martin's Press.

        Hal
      • IrenesBooks@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2000
          Thank you for the recommendation, Jim! I'll look into it.