Sullas Musings

  • Sulla Arimanthi
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2003
      The best king in all History was Augustus/Octavious. ruleld for 40
      years and added some to Roman land. While Caeser was just a very
      seccessful Military man and man of the People.
      I wonder why didnt his Licters save him?
      More later from:
      Gaius Colemanus Cognoman Sulla10_the_God
      http:\\Groups.Yahoo.com\group\Roman_time
    • Mary Harrsch
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
        Caesar had dismissed his lictors, supposedly assured by the Senate's sworn oath to protect him.

        - Libitina

        Mary Harrsch
        Presence From The Past Gifts & Collectibles
        37368 Hills Creek Rd.
        Springfield, OR 97478
        (541) 747-6569
        http://www.epud.net/~mharrsch/Presencefromthepast.html
        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~mharrsch/index.htm
        The best king in all History was Augustus/Octavious. ruleld for 40
        years and added some to Roman land. While Caeser was just a very
        seccessful Military man and man of the People.
        I wonder why didnt his Licters save him?
        More later from:
        Gaius Colemanus Cognoman Sulla10_the_God
        http:\\Groups.Yahoo.com\group\Roman_time

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Jay Latona
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
          One of Caesar's giant faults was that he thought his followers really loved him. Especially since he had pardoned a number of them. ON the day he was assassinated, I understand he wanted to enter Pompei's portico without guards. He was truly shocked when so many of his 'subjects' did him in.

          Sulla Arimanthi <sulla10_the_god@...> wrote:
          The best king in all History was Augustus/Octavious. ruleld for 40
          years and added some to Roman land. While Caeser was just a very
          seccessful Military man and man of the People.
          I wonder why didnt his Licters save him?
          More later from:
          Gaius Colemanus Cognoman Sulla10_the_God
          http:\\Groups.Yahoo.com\group\Roman_time

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        • Sulla Aramanthi
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
            My he was trusting. Ah well Octavius was cool.
            Why do you Brits feel you have inherited the Roman
            Legacy?
            Gaius Colemanus Cognomen Sulla10_the_god

            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree