Book Chat on Cicero

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2003
      Last night's chat was sparsely attended and marred by problems with the chatroom--a first for us. We kept getting dumped, but some of us did not need to sign on again, the room kept coming back by itself. I do so hope that this is not a flaw in the latest AIM software update. I will complain.

      Also, since the first two chapters of the book really give more of a general overview of the history of Rome up to the Social Wars rather than the early Cicero, and we were all familiar with the history, it did give us not much of substance to talk about.

      We will continue Wednesday, December 3 through Cicero's consulate. I will assemble discussion points and letter references by middle of next week to give us a more solid discussion base.

      I do thank the attendees for their patience with the software!

      See you on the third!