Our Newest Listing of Books on Ancient & Medieval History

  • Antiquest.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
      Hi Friends,

      My name is Joy and I�m the moderator of the egroup Antiquestnetbooks. I�d like to invite you to check out my newest list of new and used books for sale on ancient and medieval history. Topics include ancient Rome, Greece and Egypt, Celtic, Druid and Pagan culture, ancient and medieval arts and crafts, religion, mythology, philosophy, warfare, biographies, etc� The complete list which can be viewed at:

      Here�s a sampling of some of the books in our current list�

      You can view all these books and many more at:

      Latin Quips at Your Fingertips by Rose Williams
      Understanding Hieroglyphics: A Complete Introductory Guide by
      Hilary Wilson
      Sick Caesars: Madness and Malady in Imperial Rome by Michael
      Grant
      Caesar: A Biography by Christian Meier
      Historical Atlas of the Medieval World AD 600 � 1492 by John
      Haywood
      The Ancient World of the Celts by Peter Berresford Ellis
      The Secret Books of the Egyptian Gnostics: An Introduction to
      the Gnostic Coptic Manuscripts Discovered at Chenoboskion
      A History of Private Life: Revelations of the Medieval World
      by Georges Duby
      The Complete Book of Heraldry: An International History of
      Heraldry and its Contemporary Uses by Stephen Slater
      The Ancient Engineers by L. Sprague De Camp
      An Intelligent Person's Guide to Classics by Peter Jones
      Under the Hammer: Edward I and Scotland 1286-1307 by Fiona
      Watson
      Cracking Codes: The Rosetta Stone and Decipherment by Richard
      Parkinson
      Modelling Early Christianity: Social Scientific studies of
      the New Testament in its context edited by Philip F. Esler
      A Concise History of the Crusades by Thomas F. Madden
      Ancient Civilizations of Mexico and Central America by
      Herbert J. Spinden

      Thanks for your interest.
      Joy

      Moderator, Antiquestnetbooks

      Joy

      Antiquestnet@...

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2003
        Greetings Young Miss Joy

        Nice to receive your email again:) I would be interested in the following books.....

        1394. Latin Quips at Your Fingertips by Rose Williams - A volume
        filled with writings from Rome's great poets, philosophers,
        statesmen and saints. These clever Latin quotations contain wisdom
        and wisecracks, horse sense and horseplay. Hardcover with dust
        jacket in brand new never read condition. Published in 2000 127-
        pages Price: $12.00

        1404. Caesar: A Biography by Christian Meier - A classic in the
        study of one of the most important figures in history. A riveting
        story of a brilliant, complex man and the political and social
        forces that both shaped and challenged him. Filled with
        psychological insights and wonderful character analyses. Hardcover
        with dust jacket in brand new, never read condition. Publlished in
        2002. 513-pages Price: $17.00

        1404. Caesar: A Biography by Christian Meier - A classic in the
        study of one of the most important figures in history. A riveting
        story of a brilliant, complex man and the political and social
        forces that both shaped and challenged him. Filled with
        psychological insights and wonderful character analyses. Hardcover
        with dust jacket in brand new, never read condition. Publlished in
        2002. 513-pages Price: $17.00

        1355. The Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World by Sir Edward S.
        Creasy - Discusses the great military battles of history including
        the battles of Marathon, Arbela, Metaurus, Arminius, Chalons, Tours,
        Hastings… A small compact, hardcover book in excellent overall
        condition. Published in 1949 434-pages Price: $14.00

        1376. The World of Rome by Michael Grant – (First Edition) A survey
        of the history and culture of the Romans from 133 BC to AD 217, the
        era of unparalleled power when they made their greatest impact on
        the world. Hardcover with dustjacket in excellent overall
        condition, though the spine is a bit scuffed. Published in 1960,
        322-pages, with numerous photos. Price: $16.00

        Let me know the availability and how much I need to send you. Glad you are back:) Ain't this a great summer?:)

        Thank You

        Jeepers:)