Re: [Roman_History_Books] Looking for a good book on 170BC to 30BC

  • Randall Howarth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4 10:38 AM
      Greg, From where you are, no single primary source can take you very far
      continue with primary sources, I recommend you read in order, Plutarch's lives of
      Marius, Sulla, Tiberius Gracchus, Gaius Gracchus, Crassus, Pompey, and Caesar.
      These all overlap somewhat and each of these is about 25 to 30 pages and most are
      easily found on the internet. Then, switch to Julius' own writings (Commentary
      on Gaul and civil war), then switch to Suetonius. This will keep you busy for
      awhile. Randall (I do this for a living)