A new Roman-era mystery/thiller

  • Pjlsez@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30 3:09 PM
      My name is Patrick Larkin and I just signed up as a member of the group. I
      hope you'll forgive an act of shameless self-promotion!

      The Tribune, my new mystery/thriller set in Roman Syria and Galilee, is being
      published in paperback by Signet this June.

      Here's a brief description of the novel and a link to my author's web site:

      "The Tribune is the first in a new series set amid the power, glory, and
      brutality of imperial Rome. Available in stores on June 3rd as a Signet
      paperback, it takes readers on a fast-paced ride through a time of enormous upheaval—a
      time of great evil...and of great good.

      Lucius Aurelius Valens is a young Roman officer with a strong sense of duty
      and a commitment to justice. Those ideals earn him only a transfer to restless
      and impoverished Judea and Galilee. There the massacre of a detachment of
      Praetorian Guards and the man they were protecting—a member of the Roman Senate
      and an ally of the emperor Tiberius himself—plunges Valens straight into a
      deadly web of murder and intrigue, with far more at stake than just his own life
      and honor...

      Want to learn more about The Tribune, including sample chapters? Please go
      to <A HREF="http://www.patricklarkin.net/">http://www.PatrickLarkin.net</A> .

      "The Tribune does for ancient Rome what The Name of the Rose did for medieval
      Europe and Gorky Park did for the corrupt Soviet Union" — Kevin J. Anderson,
      bestselling author of Dune: The Butlerian Jihad

      "The Tribune offers a captivating look into the life of an honorable Roman
      soldier...While the mystery surrounding the murder of the Roman senator provides
      a compelling story, the finale of the novel packs an even greater punch" —
      Sheri Melnick, Romantic Times"

      Best wishes,

      Pat

    • Stephen Gallagher
      Message 2 of 6 , May 30 8:24 PM
        Salve Patrick Larkin

        Welcome and you are forgiven.

        I am the Editor of the Eagle, the NR Newsletter and we would love to have
        you submit something for say the August issue.

        Vale

        Tiberius Galerius Paulinus
        Curator Differum
        Fortuna Favet Fortibus

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
          Patrick, your book looks very interesting. If you don't mind, I have included a link to your site and your brief description of the book in my online newsletter, Roman Times (http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/%7Emharrsch/romanwonders.html). I'd also like to invite you to check out our Imperial Rome discussion group, http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/imperialrome2/.
          Mary Harrsch
          Network & Information Systems Manager
          College of Education
          University of Oregon
          Eugene, OR 97403
          (541) 346-3554
          http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~mharrsch/

          Commentary Section Editor
          The Technology Source
          http://horizon.unc.edu/ts/
          A free refereed web periodical that features
          articles on methods and efforts to infuse technology
          into educational organizations.

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Pjlsez@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
            Mary,

            > If you don't mind, I have included a link to your site and your brief
            > description of the book in my online newsletter, Roman Times

            I don't mind at all! In fact, I'm delighted.

            > invite you to check out our Imperial Rome discussion

            I certainly will -- as soon as I can. My book comes out this week and I'm
            pushing as hard as I can to get the word out to as many people as possible.
            Once that's done, I can unwind a bit...at least when I'm not working on The
            Tribune's sequel.

            Thanks again for the link and the pointer to the discussion group!

            Best regards,

            Pat

          • Mary Harrsch
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
              Thanks, Pat. Let me know when your sequel is getting close to publication and I will feature it as well.

              Mary Harrsch
              Network & Information Systems Manager
              College of Education
              University of Oregon
              Eugene, OR 97403
              (541) 346-3554
              http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~mharrsch

              Commentary Section Editor
              The Technology Source
              http://ts.mivu.org
              A free refereed Web periodical that focuses on infusing
              information technology tools in educational organizations

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 5, 2003
                Galerius Paulinus,

                > I am the Editor of the Eagle, the NR Newsletter and we would love to have
                > you submit something for say the August issue.

                Sorry about the delay in getting back to you! With THE TRIBUNE just hitting
                the stores, this is a very busy time for me.

                What sort of thing are you interested in for the Eagle?

                One caveat: I know that one of NR's interests is in bringing the state
                religions of Rome back to life...so you should know that part of my novel takes
                place outside a small village in Galilee -- and deals sympathetically with some of
                the unusual people to be found there. I hope that won't be a problem!

                Best wishes,

                Patrick Larkin