Book Discussions - October Horse postponed to August

    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2003
      Ave!

      First my sincere apologies for my long silence. An annoying--but
      harmless--illness and real life commitments such as being involved in an
      exhibition planning have prevented me from being active and keeping the
      website up-to-date.

      Realistic assessment requires further postponement of the discussion of the
      next book, which will be the long awaited "October Horse" by Colleen
      McCullough.

      I will be away all July, and many of you will probably also have Summmer
      plans.

      Thus I propose to start the book discussion in August. I will prepare my
      usual background page soon so that anyone who is interested has a list of
      ancillary reading way ahead of time.

      This will also give you plenty of time to either get he book or plan on when
      to borrow it from your public library. (Inquire about the library extension
      policies: my own library will give it to me for at least six weeks if I say
      it is for a book discussion.)

      In addition, some old members have requested a real life online discussion of
      the book, and I will keep you posted on that also.

      So please look for further announcements here.

      Comments are greatly appreciated.

      Have a great summer!

      This group is a member of The Literature Reading Circle at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LiteratureReadingCircle

    • ptobey@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 20, 2003
        Thank goodness! I just bought a new house, rather unexpectedly, and my
        helpful husband packed October Horse already! LOL So we move Aug. 1 and I
        will make it a mission to liberate my copy so I can start reading it and
        actually participate in the discussion this time!

        Pam in D.C.

      • markowitzh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2003
          Thank you, Irene, for keeping me among the Romans these past two years.
          Numerous interfering concerns, including cancer, kept me from participating.
          With October coming in August this year, I should not only catch up I should
          get ahead!

          Hal

          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2003
            So good to hear from you, Hal!