Book on Alexander the Great

  • Macaire
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      I'd like to wish everyone a Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2003!

      I have been lurking for a while, reading the posts with great interest, and
      would like to tell everyone about my own book,
      Time for Alexander, available at www.jacobytebook.com as download or
      paperback. It was reviewed by the Historical Novel society for their
      December issue, and I hope it will be of interest for some of you.
      Set in ancient Greece, this book is about a woman sent back in time to
      interview Alexander the Great.
      As one reviewer put it, "This novel is as much fun as a Mardi Gras parade.
      It lopes across the terrain of romance novels, historical fiction, magical
      realism, and science fiction--costumed, its cheek poked out by a devilish
      tongue, spoofing the genres, never taking itself too seriously, and yet
      cleverly snaring it's reader in a gloriously intriguing plot about a young
      woman journalist who time-travels back through history to interview
      Alexander The Great. What follows, after she awakes under a pomegranate
      tree, is a hilarious, mind-bending tale of a modern woman immersed in the
      ancient throes of sex, love, quite a bit of vino, war, death, and ever so
      much more. Using historical facts for a springboard, Ms. Macaire leaps into
      the waters of pure imagination, and creates a unique novel, the likes of
      which you're not likely to find anywhere. Ashley, our journalist heroine,
      narrates with the certainty and casualness of a woman who knows who she is,
      and has all the heart and daring of her own to take on any great world
      conqueror. It's a downright hoot. Macaire deftly submerges Ashley in the
      kingdom's culture and mores with such credible logic that it makes reading
      the saga pure fun, with us rooting for the 'good guys' all the way.
      In this literally epic writing project, Ms. Macaire deftly tackles the
      authorial challenges of historical research, cross-genre writing, and
      publishing an unconventional novel.
      Literary Potpourri Book Review Editor Shaula Evans.

      Thank you, and enjoy!
      Best wishes,
      Jennifer Macaire
      http://monsite.wanadoo.fr/Iskander