2155Re: Reading List for 2008 - Suggestions requested

  • bingleyausten
    Sep 2, 2007
      Medicus is already available here in paperback -- at least it was
      itpaperback when I saw it back in April. I nearly bought it but felt
      mildly sceptical about it, having been disappointed by the Germanus
      one we read earlier in the year. Still I'm willing to give it a go.

      I have got another book sitting in my TBR pile which I got cheap in a
      sale: "The Eagle in the Snow" by Walter Breem. It's a novel supposed
      to be the memoirs of the commander of one of the Rhine legions when
      the Germanic tribes crossed the Rhine in 406.

      --- In Roman_History_Books@yahoogroups.com, "lennep95"