Is there anybody here?

  • thenachazo
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
      Hi. I just subscribed to the group (well, in fact, some weeks ago),
      and it seems there is no activity.

      Anyway, if there is anybody alive here... can you recommend any good
      AH novels about this topic?

      Thanks
      Nacho
    • belisarius533
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2002
        --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "thenachazo" <nachof@i...> wrote:
        > Hi. I just subscribed to the group (well, in fact, some weeks ago),
        > and it seems there is no activity.
        >
        > Anyway, if there is anybody alive here... can you recommend any
        good
        > AH novels about this topic?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Nacho

        Harry Turtledove's "Agent of Byzantium" would be a good start.

        Belisarius, Meow
      • Nacho Facello
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
          > > Hi. I just subscribed to the group (well, in fact, some weeks ago),
          > > and it seems there is no activity.
          > >
          > > Anyway, if there is anybody alive here... can you recommend any
          >
          > good
          >
          > > AH novels about this topic?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > > Nacho
          >
          > Harry Turtledove's "Agent of Byzantium" would be a good start.
          >
          > Belisarius, Meow

          Thanks. I will try to find it. Any idea if there is a Spanish edition? It is
          quite difficult to find those books here, and it is even worse if they're in
          English...

          Thanks again,
          Nacho
        • sebastianbrier
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2002
            One of the members from the history site has a book he's writing
            called The Eternal Empire. It's a pretty good story, and I've got a
            few chapters ready to be put on the site. But first I need (or at
            the very least should) get his permission first.

            Give me a week or two and I'll see about getting it on here.

            And if anybody has any ideas for discussions or storylines feel free
            to express them. I've got a little more than a half-dozen other
            sites (most of them about Roman-Byzantine history), so time's short
            on each individual site. Between editing each site and looking for
            research material (and the hundreds of email I get each day) I'm
            pretty shorthanded.

            Maybe soon I can clone a couple more of myself to help.......
          • belisarius533
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 10, 2002
              --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "sebastianbrier"
              <sebastianbrier@y...> wrote:
              > One of the members from the history site has a book he's writing
              > called The Eternal Empire. It's a pretty good story, and I've got
              > few chapters ready to be put on the site. But first I need (or at
              > the very least should) get his permission first.
              >
              > Give me a week or two and I'll see about getting it on here.

              I've read the Eternal Empire timeline. Is there anything more after
              chapter five?

              Belisarius533
            • sebastianbrier
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 17, 2002
                Sorry man, I hadn't realized that I'd missed a message.

                Actually there are 15 chapters that I have so far. And the book is
                good, though I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't finished
                reading it yet.

                I had all 15 chapters and the forward saved onto my computer at
                work. On breaks and off time I used to read the book, correct some
                spelling errors (according to the spell checker; I think Geoff
                doesn't live in USA and the way he spelled some stuff was picked on
                by my spell checker) and I was formatting the chapters in book form
                as a present to him. Unfortunately the computer I was using crashed
                (BIG time) and I lost all the work and the chapters.

                Luckily I'd saved the emails sent to me by him and was able to
                download them onto my home computer. Unfortunately it seems as
                though hotmail burped on me and I no longer have chapters 4 through
                9. Kinda puts a damper on the whole reading a book thing if you can
                read the beginning and end of a book but not the middle, doesn't it?

                I sent an email to him last week but haven't heard back. Actually, I
                haven't heard from him for a while. Hope he's alright; it seems as
                though he's got almost as many email addresses as I've got. I sent
                the email to the address he used to send me the chapters. I would
                send emails to his other addresses but I don't want to harass the guy.

                And again, sorry I didn't catch your email earlier.

                --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "belisarius533"
                <belisarius533@h...> wrote:
                > --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "sebastianbrier"
                > <sebastianbrier@y...> wrote:
                > > One of the members from the history site has a book he's writing
                > > called The Eternal Empire. It's a pretty good story, and I've
                got
                > > few chapters ready to be put on the site. But first I need (or
                at
                > > the very least should) get his permission first.
                > >
                > > Give me a week or two and I'll see about getting it on here.
                >
                > I've read the Eternal Empire timeline. Is there anything more after
                > chapter five?
                >
                > Belisarius533
              • belisarius533
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 17, 2002
                  <sebastianbrier@y...> wrote:
                  > Sorry man, I hadn't realized that I'd missed a message.
                  >
                  > Actually there are 15 chapters that I have so far. And the book is
                  > good, though I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't finished
                  > reading it yet.

                  Could you email me what you have? I've been wondering for a long time
                  about what happens after Exanzenus unveils his new vision of the
                  Empire.

                  Belisarius
                • romanophile
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 26, 2002
                    <belisarius533@h...> wrote:
                    > --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "sebastianbrier"
                    > <sebastianbrier@y...> wrote:
                    > > Sorry man, I hadn't realized that I'd missed a message.
                    > >
                    > > Actually there are 15 chapters that I have so far. And the book
                    is
                    > > good, though I'm almost ashamed to admit that I haven't finished
                    > > reading it yet.
                    > >

                    > Could you email me what you have? I've been wondering for a long
                    time
                    > about what happens after Exanzenus unveils his new vision of the
                    > Empire.
                    >
                    > Belisarius

                    where can i read this eternal empire story? and has anyone read any
                    of the robert silverberg roma aeterna series?
                  • sebastianbrier
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 5, 2002
                      I'll see what he wants to do with his book. When I get word I'll let
                      you know.

                      Sebastian Brier

                      --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@y..., "romanophile" <bblair86@h...>