new idea....

  • Ryan MacDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2003
      Hey guys, here's a new thought. What if the Roman Empire had
      successfully conquered all of Germania and subdued the barbarian
      tribes there? Any thoughts?
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
        Well let's see.. larger popoulation. More borders to defend.
        Earlier contact with the Goths, Huns etc. I guess it would depend on
        how well the Empire functioned afterward. It still would have split,
        so would Germania be part of the Western, Eastern, or both empires.
        Also how well was the border defended? Would it have a Hadrians Wall
        of the East?

        --- In RomanByzantineAltHist@yahoogroups.com, "Ryan MacDonald"