Volume 1, No. 52

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2001

      MONDAY, 19 NOVEMBER, 2001

      Thirty-Third Week in Ordinary Time

      Feast of St. Raphael Klainowski, Priest

      • Papal Address Before Angelus
      John Paul II Invites Believers to Prayer and Fasting for Peace
      • Pope Brings Message of Hope on His 299th Parish Visit
      • Arcbhishop Foley´s Address on Media and Bioethics
      Political Correctness Producing Blind Spots, He Warns
      • Cardinal Law´s Address on Post-Sept. 11 Pastoral Message
      At U.S. Bishops´ Conference Meeting
      • St. Raphael Klainowski, Priest

      Papal Address Before Angelus
      John Paul II Invites Believers to Prayer and Fasting for Peace

      VATICAN CITY, NOV. 18, 2001 (Zenit.org).- Here is a translation
      of John Paul II's address to pilgrims gathered today in St. Peter's
      Square for the midday Angelus.

      Dearest Brothers and Sisters!

      1. The international scene continues to be disturbed by worrying
      tensions. We cannot forget the intense sufferings that have
      afflicted and still afflict so many of our brothers and sisters in the
      world: thousands of innocent victims in the grave attacks of last
      Sept. 11; innumerable people forced to abandon their homes to
      face the unknown and, sometimes, a cruel death; women, the
      elderly and children exposed to the risk of dying of cold and
      hunger.

      In a situation made dramatic by the always-present threat of
      terrorism, we feel the need to cry out to God. The more
      insurmountable the difficulties and obscure the prospects, so
      much the more insistent must our prayer be, to implore God for
      the gift of mutual understanding, harmony and peace.

      2. We know that prayer acquires force if it is coupled with fasting
      and almsgiving. The Old Testament already taught this and from
      the earliest centuries, Christians have accepted and applied this
      lesson, especially at the times of Advent and Lent. For their part,
      Muslim faithful have just begun Ramadan, a month dedicated to
      fasting and prayer. Shortly, we Christian will begin Advent, to
      prepare ourselves in prayer for the celebration of Christmas, the
      day of birth of the "Prince of Peace."

      At this opportune time, I ask Catholics to make next Dec. 14 a
      day of fasting, during which to pray with fervor to God so that he
      will grant the world a stable peace, based on justice, and make it
      possible to find adequate solutions to the many conflicts that
      trouble the world. May what is saved from fasting be placed at
      the disposal of the poor, especially those who at present suffer
      the consequences of terrorism and war.

      I would also like to announce that it is my intention to invite the
      representatives of the religions of the world to come to Assisi on
      Jan. 24, 2002, to pray for the surmounting of oppositions and the
      promotion of authentic peace. In particular, we wish to have
      Christians and Muslims come together, to proclaim before the
      world that religion must never be a reason for conflict, hatred and
      violence. Whoever really accepts the word of the good and
      merciful God, cannot but exclude from his heart every form of
      rancor and enmity. In this historic moment, humanity needs to
      see gestures of peace and to hear words of hope.

      As I said 15 years ago, when announcing the meeting of prayer
      for peace, which was held in Assisi the following October: "It is
      urgent that a choral invocation be raised from the earth to
      heaven, to implore from the Almighty, in whose hands is the
      destiny of the world, the great gift of peace, the necessary
      condition for any serious endeavor at the service of humanity's
      real progress."

      3. From this moment I entrust this initiative to the maternal
      intercession of Mary Most Holy, asking her to sustain our efforts,
      and those of the whole of humanity, in the way of peace.

      We ask you, Queen of Peace, to help us respond with the force
      of truth and love to the new and overwhelming challenges of the
      present time. Help us also to surmount this difficult moment,
      which disturbs the serenity of so many people, and to work
      unhesitatingly to build, every day and in every environment, an
      authentic culture of peace.

      * * *

      Pope Brings Message of Hope on His 299th Parish Visit

      VATICAN CITY, NOV. 18, 2001 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II visited
      his 299th parish in Rome today, encouraging the faithful to
      overcome fear and anxiety and to put their trust in God.

      The Pope invited the faithful of the parish of St. Alexis, in the
      neighborhood of Case Rosse, on the city's outskirts, to open
      their hearts "to the certainty that men's lives and history, despite
      tragedies, remain solidly in God's hands."

      "The Lord promises salvation to anyone who places his trust in
      him: 'not a hair of your head will perish,'" he reminded the 400
      parishioners who crowded into the new church. Hundreds more
      followed the Mass on large video screens outside.

      A young boy who greeted the Pope said: "Now you are one of our
      heroes. You are also among the posters of singers and actors
      hanging from the walls of our rooms, a star among the stars."

      "We are sure you are not scandalized by all this," the boy added
      with a mischievous smile. "You are too strong, Holiness!"

      John Paul II responded with a smile.

      * * *

      Arcbhishop Foley´s Address on Media and Bioethics
      Political Correctness Producing Blind Spots, He Warns

      VATICAN CITY, NOV. 18, 2001 (Zenit.org).- Archbishop John
      Foley, president of the Pontifical Council for Social
      Communications, on Friday addressed the international
      conference on "Health and Power." Here is the text of the
      speech.

      Power in Health Care Research and the Mass Media

      After the tragedies of the mid-twentieth century in which people
      were condemned for war crimes for their experimentation on
      human subjects, and the mass media rightly reflected the
      outrage in public opinion regarding such atrocities, it would
      seem that there should exist a wellspring of sympathy for those
      who seek to preserve and protect the dignity of human life.

      Such, however, is not always the case.

      While remarkable technical advances have been made in all
      manner of biological and genetic research, such advances have
      not always been paralleled by an unconditional respect for the
      sanctity of human life at all stages of development from
      conception through natural death.

      In fact, it would seem that the media have sometimes been
      conditioned to view criticism of certain types of research and
      experimentation not as a laudable defense of human rights but
      as obscurantist opposition to scientific progress.

      Let us consider some examples.

      Stem cell research, the use of embryonic, umbilical, or adult
      spinal cells for the possible treatment of Parkinson's and
      Alzheimer's diseases, has elicited great interest.

      Many scientists consider that the optimal way to obtain such
      cells is to destroy embryos conceived through "in vitro"
      fertilization.

      You would think that the media might, in their coverage,
      consider:

      1) first, whence do such embryos come;

      2) second, what are such embryos;

      3) third, can they legitimately be destroyed, even for the apparent
      good of another?

      The answer to the first question is that such embryos come from
      the union of a female egg and a male sperm outside of the
      normal method of such union through sexual, especially marital,
      intercourse.

      Does it ever occur to the media to ask: is this right? Are we
      morally entitled to do everything that we physically can do? What
      are the consequences of such actions for society, for marriage,
      for human love?

      The answer to the second question is that, if the embryo is the
      result of the union of a human female egg and a human male
      sperm, then the result is an embryonic human person. If this is
      true, is not the direct destruction of such an entity for the use of
      its component parts tantamount to an act of murder, of
      infanticide and of consequent body snatching or plundering of
      body parts?

      The answer to the third question is included in the answer to the
      second. The direct taking of innocent human life is always and
      everywhere wrong from the first moment of conception until the
      moment of natural death. If the foregoing principle is not true,
      then what are the consequences for society? Who is safe? At
      what age? Under what circumstances?

      Instead of asking these very questions, the media often portray
      those who raise such questions as fanatics eager to condemn
      those who suffer from terrible diseases to lives without relief.

      The media seldom ask the question of why frozen embryos exist
      in the first place -- and, because they seldom ask it, they see no
      difficulty in deliberately producing new embryos so that further
      scientific research might proceed.

      Thus, from a policy of using cast-off living human beings for
      scientific research, they are willing to tolerate and even support a
      policy of deliberately producing living human beings to supply
      laboratory needs.

      George Orwell wrote a book entitled "1984"; that was nothing in
      contrast to 2001, and, in this case, the result is not a space
      odyssey to explore new boundaries for human development but
      the deliberate production of human lives in order to destroy them
      and, in so doing, to destroy all moral boundaries of respect for
      the sacredness of human life.

      Closely related, I think, to the question of harvesting and of
      producing embryos for stem cell research is the question of
      euthanasia. When is grandmother no longer considered useful?
      When does the ending of her pain become not her gain but that
      of those who inherit her wealth or plunder her body for parts to
      be used in others?

      Do the media, which seek to emphasize the end of pain for
      those who are suffering, ever offer a reflection on the meaning of
      human life and on its sacredness?

      I fear that, from mid-20th century media, which saw and
      condemned a mechanistic and instrumental view of the human
      person for what it is, a violation of intrinsic human dignity, we
      have come to a media situation in which there is no recognition
      of the inviolable and inalienable rights of the weak in the womb
      or near the tomb.

      We are witnessing the canonization of a Darwinian survival of the
      fittest through the destruction of the defenseless, and the media
      -- which should be the "whistle blowers" in society, to warn us
      about the dangers ahead -- have instead become accomplices
      in the silent slaughter of the youngest, of the weakest and of the
      oldest in our society.

      I was in the United States last summer when President George
      W. Bush gave his speech about his policy regarding stem cell
      research. I frankly thought it was a masterpiece. He reviewed the
      moral and scientific situation and said that he would favor
      government support for stem cell research on cells taken from
      the umbilical cord and from the appropriate organs of
      consenting adults.

      He also said he would allow funding of research from what he
      called stem cell lines which had already been developed from
      embryos which had already died. In other words, he would not
      support government funding of that research which would result
      in the direct taking of innocent human life.

      In fairness to the media, they praised him and admitted that they
      were surprised by the moral sophistication of his reasoning; it
      was obvious that they were expecting a much less intellectually
      adept treatment of the question.

      Government leaders and judges in the United States have not
      always provided such sound moral leadership, and indeed
      some population control policies in the foreign aid programs of
      the United States continue to give offense and instill resentment
      in the recipient nations.

      For example, former President Corazon Aquino of the
      Philippines told me on one occasion that her government had
      been pressured by the then government of the United States to
      accept the distribution of contraceptives as a condition for
      receiving economic assistance. She indicated that she declined
      on moral grounds -- but stories such as these are seldom
      reported in the media because they go counter to the current line
      of "political correctness".

      I mention this example because contraceptives pills and devices
      are often represented by donor nations as health care
      assistance, and the combined economic power of donor nations
      and the media power of "political correctness" put tremendous
      pressure on the governments of recipient nations to make moral
      concessions for economic gains.

      Now, of course, the media have other interests, and the
      subtleties of stem cell research and the controversies over
      population control policies have given way to the much more
      graphic coverage of terrorism and war.

      In media coverage of medical treatment, however, it is most
      important to remember the power of advertising.

      How can we expect critical coverage of new medicines or new
      treatments or even of government distribution at home and
      abroad of contraceptive pills and devices when pharmaceutical
      companies spend so much on advertising in media which are
      now struggling to survive in the face of a worldwide economic
      recession?

      I know that pressure -- whether direct or more subtle and indirect
      -- can be and is sometimes brought to bear not to give
      unfavorable coverage to certain items because such coverage
      would hurt the interests of advertisers and perhaps of the
      publication or network itself. In a very small way, as an editor, I
      was occasionally subject to such pressures -- which, thank God,
      I think I resisted successfully. In fairness, I should note that, in
      my case, such pressure was not brought by pharmaceutical
      companies.

      When moral objections are brought against certain medicines or
      treatments, however, it is interesting to note that moral
      objections do not bring income to publications or networks; the
      new medicines and treatments often do bring such income.
      Moral objections can be considered by both pharmaceutical and
      publishing executives as petty annoyances not worthy of
      consideration, especially not in light of the vast profits to be
      made with new drugs and the advertising and promotional
      expenditures connected with them.

      I acknowledge and praise the great advances made in medical
      technology and in the development of new drugs. I know how
      costly such research must be and how necessary it is to protect
      patents for new medicines so that pharmaceutical companies
      are not discouraged from investment in further research for the
      benefit of the human race.

      It is interesting to note, however, that you do not see many media
      campaigns supporting generic rather than specific drugs or
      medicines -- even though such generic drugs could save
      consumers and governments millions, even billions of dollars.
      One reason that generic drugs can save millions for consumers
      is that there are no expensive advertising campaigns for them --
      and this is why they are often overlooked by media which live
      from advertising.

      Regarding media coverage of health care and indeed
      biotechnological matters, I would recommend several basic
      principles:

      -- first, have journalists who are prepared not only in medical
      technology, but also in moral philosophy;

      -- second, never, never, never let considerations of actual or
      potential advertising income influence editorial decisions (at
      Time magazine, this used to be called the "separation of church
      and state" -- of editorial content from advertising -- a separation
      which I have seen eroding even in that publication);

      -- third, do not equate technological capability with moral
      acceptability; not every technological breakthrough is necessarily
      a moral triumph; thus, do readers the favor of subjecting
      technological advances to valid moral criticism;

      -- fourth, do not become prisoners of political correctness in
      publishing only what people want to hear.

      At the beginning of these reflections, I mentioned that the media
      in the mid-20th century were not afraid to identify certain forms of
      medical experimentation as atrocities -- and perhaps such
      reporting was made easier because the experiments were often
      sponsored by hostile powers on helpless prisoners of war or on
      innocent civilians kept in concentration camps.

      Such experiments are still going on, however, on embryos which
      are destroyed so that research can take place and, as some
      media have occasionally reported, on human "guinea pigs" who
      may sometimes not realize that their rights are being violated or
      who have not been able to give informed consent. I am thinking
      particularly of mentally retarded persons who, in some societies,
      have been sterilized and of the terminally ill and elderly who run
      the risk of being assisted to a premature death.

      When our Pontifical Council for Social Communications
      published its study in "Ethics in Communications," it
      emphasized three principles: truth, the rights of the human
      person and the common good. In the coverage of health care
      and of biotechnology, these three principles have a special
      importance:

      -- first, it is necessary to know the truth -- scientific, economic
      and moral

      -- about medical discoveries and health care policies;

      -- second, the rights of those who are suffering and especially
      the inviolable right to life must be treated as paramount;

      -- third, the implications for the common good and not merely the
      economic profit for a few must be considered.

      Jesus has said that the words, "I was sick and you visited me,"
      will be among the special titles to enter into eternal glory.

      The most important power in health care is not governmental
      power or media power or even medical power; it is the power of
      God and the moral power which comes from seeking to do His
      will in caring for the sick, the troubled and the elderly. We truly
      need doctors, nurses, technicians and indeed scientists who
      see in the face of the suffering the image of Christ.

      The media coverage of those motivated by this moral power can
      do much to stimulate others to give that human, compassionate
      care so needed by those who ought to be not objects of scientific
      and medical experimentation but subjects worthy of our love and
      concern as they pass through a personal crisis on their
      pilgrimage to eternal life with Jesus, our suffering Savior, who
      triumphed not only over sin, but also over death.

      Thus, the media coverage of the sick and of those who care for
      them should not only inform our minds, but also touch our hearts
      to unleash in the service of the poor and sick what the late
      Mother Teresa rightly identified as the power of love.

      (Most Rev.) John P. Foley
      Titular Archbishop of Neapolis in Proconsulari
      President
      Pontifical Council for Social Communications

      * * *

      Cardinal Law´s Address on Post-Sept. 11 Pastoral Message
      At U.S. Bishops´ Conference Meeting

      WASHINGTON, D.C., NOV. 18, 2001 (Zenit.org).- Cardinal
      Bernard Law of Boston, Massachusetts, delivered this address
      at the annual conference of the U.S. bishops' conference last
      week.

      Remarks To The General Meeting
      Of The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops

      Regarding the Pastoral Message
      on the Aftermath of September 11
      Bernard Cardinal Law
      Chairman of the International Policy Committee

      History will not forget September 11th. Not only are we a different
      nation now, but the aftershocks of September 11 are redefining
      international relations. As the tragic events of September
      eleventh unfolded, our hearts and the hearts of people
      throughout the world were broken by the raw evil of the attacks. In
      a matter of minutes the hopes of young lives were ended,
      families were shattered, heroism into death was demonstrated
      by those too often taken for granted, personal grief and financial
      insecurity gripped thousands of those most immediately
      affected, and the nation was in a state of shock.

      Quickly, however, we rallied as a nation and we were supported
      by the sympathy and cooperation of nations throughout the
      world. Our focus was first on victims and their families. An
      unprecedented outpouring of volunteers and charity underscored
      our unity as a nation. Faith has been awakened in many hearts.

      The Church has responded magnificently. In the name and in
      the person of Christ we have been present to mourn the dead, to
      comfort the sorrowing and to provide support and counseling.
      We have repatriated the scapegoating of persons because of
      religion, ethnic origin or nationality. We have also reflected on the
      challenges posed by these attacks in the light of Catholic
      teaching. The President did so on September 11 with the
      support of the Administrative Board. Then in session, he has
      done so subsequently, and many of us have addressed
      September 11 in messages to the Churches we serve.

      On Monday, this Body voted overwhelmingly to consider a
      special Pastoral Message in the aftermath of September 11.

      Your International Policy Committee anticipated this action.
      Special subcommittee has worked carefully and diligently to
      develop the brief pastoral message we shared with you on
      Monday. We have tried to develop a statement which is faithful,
      balanced and focused. It offers a moral framework, not a long
      series of specific judgements. It lifts up key challenges, but does
      not seek to answer all the questions we face. It builds on the
      previous policies of our Conference and many statements from
      bishops across the country.

      In your comments, many of you have affirmed the purpose,
      substance, balance and tone of our proposal. And you have
      helped to improve it. We received 119 amendments from 33
      bishops. The Committees' response to these amendments is
      based on several key criteria:

      Do they help us articulate and apply the traditional teaching of
      the Church on the use and limits of military force?

      Do they reflect the policies of our Conference?

      Do they help us keep this document relatively short and
      focused?

      Do they help us articulate a three part response: resolve to
      defend the common good, restraint in insisting that traditional
      moral norms apply and a long term focus on the roots of
      terrorism?

      Using [these] criteria we were able to accommodate 67 of your
      amendments in whole or part. These Group I amendments
      include a new and better title, a clearer description of what the
      document is and isn't, helpful clarifications on several key points,
      an unambiguous call to end the Iraqi embargo, a more specific
      reference to the potential starvation in Afghanistan this winter
      and other matters raised by bishops. Many were relatively minor
      editorial improvements. I am happy to report even with these
      changes we still have a focused message of less than 15
      pages.

      However, we have not been able to recommend inclusion of 52
      amendments for one of three reasons:

      Some were redundant or they wished to significantly expand a
      topic and thereby unduly lengthen the document or
      disproportionately emphasize one topic over others.

      Some would have us make specific judgements on rapidly
      changing events or would go into more detail on specific issues
      that we have treated before and in greater depth in other
      statements.

      Some would change the direction and substance in fundamental
      ways. While the text acknowledges the respected place of a
      principled and complete commitment to non-violence in our
      tradition, these amendments would replace traditional Catholic
      teaching on the legitimacy and limits on the use of force with a
      corporate commitment to pacifism that I do not believe is where
      we are as a body. On the other hand, others amendments would
      have had us tone down or minimize our teaching that the use of
      force must be limited by traditional moral norms.

      As a Conference, I do not believe we can say that any use of
      military force must be ruled out -- no matter what the attack, what
      the loss, what the future threat. On the other hand, we cannot
      ever become comfortable with the use of military force,
      supporting any action, at any cost, for any purpose. Our Catholic
      tradition with its presumption against the use of force, which can
      be overridden only as a last resort to protect the common good,
      is the way we find our way through these difficult days. It gives us
      a principled way to discern and decide what is right and what is
      wrong. This message as developed by our committee and
      refined by these amendments, reflects this complicated, but
      consistent call to protect human life, seek justice and pursue
      peace in a dangerous world. I hope the debate which follows will
      help us keep this balance, focus and fidelity to traditional
      Catholic teaching.

      Conclusion

      I hope that in a modest but not insignificant way this statement
      will help and people and impact public policy.

      I want to thank members of the International Policy Committee
      who have worked so diligently. Allow me to thank our special
      subcommittee:

      Dr. Mary Ann Glendon of Harvard University, Chair

      Bishop John Ricard

      Bishop William Murphy

      Bishop Ibrahim Ibrahim

      Dr. Maryann Cusimano-Love of Catholic University of America

      Amb. Anthony Quainton now of the Center for National Policy

      Dr. John Steinbruner of the University of Maryland

      I wish to express appreciation to staff who have worked so hard
      (John Carr, Jerry Powers Fran Horner and Ramona Looney).

      Finally, I want to thank the bishops for what you have done and
      will continue to do to help our country respond and respond in
      the right ways to those terrible attacks and their continuing
      challenges.

      * * *

      St. Raphael Klainowski, Priest

      Raphael Kalinowski was born to Polish parents in the city of
      Vilnius in 1835. After military service, he was in 1864
      condemned to ten years of forced labor in Siberia. In 1877 he
      joined the Discalced Carmelite Order and in 1882 was ordained
      a priest. He brought about the restoration of the Order in Poland
      and guided its growth. His life was distinguished by his zeal for
      Church unity and by his unflagging devotion to his ministry as a
      confessor and spiritual director. He died in Wadowice in 1907.

      * * *

      CHANTED ROSARY ONLINE
      http://www.monksofadoration.org/rosarych.html

      DOWNLOAD FREE SCRIPTURAL ROSARY
      http://www.virtualrosary.org/

      * * *

      DIVINE OFFICE ONLINE

      For the Divine Office texts online:
      http://www.liturgyhours.org

      For the Divine Office audio recording recited by the Monks of
      Adoration:
      http://www.monksofadoration.org/audiolit.html

      * * *

      Call or write today regarding favors granted through the
      intercession of Dolores Immaculate "Mama" Gili or for more
      information about the cause of her investigation for canonization
      to:

      Rev. Dante DiGirolamo
      (973) 412-1170

      Rev. Dante DiGirolamo

      Volume 1, Issue 14 C

      Volume 1, No. 16

      Volume 1, No. 29

      ROMAN CATHOLIC NEWS ARCHIVES NOW AVAILABLE

      To gain access to all of the articles on Roman Catholic News go
      to the URL:

      This will give you the archive to all of the articles. There are four
      ways to access archived articles: (1) Go to the Home Page panel
      on the far left and click on the word "Messages" just below the
      word "Home"; (2) click on the articles posted by date; (3) click on
      the blue Arabic numerals in the box for the month in the yearly
      calendar window at the bottom of the page; (4) type in a keyword
      in the long rectangular white box alongside the long rectangular
      button that reads SEARCH ARCHIVE, and then click that button.

      * * *

      HOW TO POST A QUESTION TO THE CATHOLIC REFERENCE
      DESK AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE FOR PUBLICATION

      Roman Catholic News is currently ranked 11 of 497 Catholic
      Yahoo groups, and growing steadily on a daily basis. Your
      membership as a subscriber is important to us and helps us
      grow in numbers which prompts us to improve our services.
      Please spread the word that a Catholic clergy run Catholic News
      group and Reference Desk are available that keeps you
      informed on all the activities of Pope John Paul II, the Holy See,
      the Roman Curia, Catholic doctrine, critical world news, biblical
      studies, and its Catholic Reference Desk answers questions
      you post.
      When posting questions please place in the subject field of your
      email "Reference Desk". Emails can be sent to either
      Roman-Catholic-News-owner@yahoogroups.com, or to
      jlupia2@.... Articles written by professional and
      scholarly authors can also be sent to the email addresses
      above for consideration in a future issue. Authors should keep
      in mind that Roman Catholic News is a not-for-profit organization
      and considers publishing articles without paying any monetary
      compensation to authors. All materials submitted and
      published are copyright protected in accordance to the latest
      ruling from the Office of Copyright, Library of Congress,
      Washington, D.C. Your subscription is important to us.
      Welcome to Roman Catholic News. Tell a friend.

      * * *

      EUCHARISTIC PRAYER IN HONOR OF THE SORROWFUL
      HEART OF MARY

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the crucified Body of Your dearly beloved Son,
      Jesus Christ, in reparation for all the sins committed against you
      and for the conversion and salvation of the whole world."

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the precious Blood of Your dearly beloved Son,
      Jesus Christ, in reparation for all the sins committed against you
      and for the conversion and salvation of the whole world."

      * * *

      PLEASE SUPPORT EWTN

      Send donations to:

      Mother Angelica
      EWTN
      5817 OLD LEEDS ROAD
      IRONDALE, AL 35210

      https://www.ewtn.com/ewtn/ssl/donation/donation_ewtn.asp

      WEAR THE BROWN SCAPULAR OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT
      CARMEL AND PRAY THE ROSARY DAILY FOR THE
      CONVERSION OF THE WHOLE WORLD AND FOR CHURCH
      UNITY

      approaches unity among all Christians of the various
      confessions will increase until they reach full communion." John
      Paul II, Tertio Millennio Adveniente, 16

      clinging to her robes while walking down a dusty and busy
      crowded street and you'll always be safe."
      unless specified
      otherwise. All articles from VIS, Zenit , Associated Press (AP),
      Reuters, and Noticias Eclesiales are republished by approval
      and courtesy of these news agencies. We encourage our
      organization in Rome. Zenit (http://www.zenit.org), VIS (V.I.S. -
      Vatican Information Service) Zenit , Associated Press (AP),
      Reuters, and Noticias Eclesiales own the original copyright for
      their news releases as credited. All copyright materials copied
      in any form must include the appropriate copyright own