    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013

      TUESDAY 19 FEBRUARY 2013

      . COMMUNIQUE ON CONGREGATION OF CHILDREN OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
      . CARDINAL SARAH VISITS SYRIAN REFUGEES IN JORDAN
      . DO YOU WANT TO SAY "THANK YOU" TO THE POPE?

      . COMMUNIQUE ON CONGREGATION OF CHILDREN OF THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION

      Vatican City, 19 February 2013 (VIS) – After Archbishop Filippo Iannone's apostolic visit to the Congregation of Children of the Immaculate Conception on 15 February, the Holy Father has decided to entrust the regulation of that religious institute to Cardinal Giuseppe Versaldi, president of the Prefecture for the Economic Affairs of the Holy See, naming him as the pontifical delegate. As such, Cardinal Versaldi will carry out the task of guiding the religious institute and of bringing the health facilities it runs to a possible economic well-standing, avoiding, however, participation by the Holy See in those tasks, according to a communique published by the Press Office of the Holy See yesterday afternoon.

      . CARDINAL SARAH VISITS SYRIAN REFUGEES IN JORDAN

      Vatican City, 19 February 2013 (VIS) - Cardinal Robert Sarah, president of the Pontifical Council "Cor Unum" and Msgr. Giampietro Dal Toso, secretary of that dicastery, are in Jordan from today until Thursday, 21 February, to participate in the regional conference of Caritas in the Middle East, North Africa, and Horn of Africa, which is taking place in that country.

      The forum is a very important opportunity to take stock of the humanitarian aid provided by Catholic charities, including Caritas, to refugees and victims of violent conflict in Syria since representatives of all the Caritas organizations of that region, as well as representatives of the local churches, will be present.

      "The humanitarian situation in Syria, and throughout the region," a press release from Cor Unum states, "is unsustainable. Some estimates speak of a million refugees, more than two and a half million displaced persons, and almost one hundred thousand deaths directly attributable to violence. There are countless others, whose numbers cannot be quantified, indirectly caused by the general impoverishment of the population, caused mainly by war. The harsh winter is further contributing to this sad situation of suffering of an exhausted people, especially the weakest and most vulnerable on the fringes of society."

      During their trip Cardinal Sarah and Msgr. Del Toso will visit centres housing numerous persons who have escaped the fighting in Syria. The visit with the refugees will be organized by Caritas Jordan along with other Catholic charities that deal with humanitarian assistance and intervention. A meeting with King Abdullah of Jordan is also planned for the prelates.

      Vatican City, 19 February 2013 (VIS) – Today, the Holy Father appointed Bishop Fabio Martinez Castilla as archbishop of Tuxtla Gutierrez (area 22,629, population 1,280,000, Catholics 997,000, priests 139, religious 337), Mexico. Archbishop Martinez Castilla, previously of the diocese of Ciudad Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico, was elected as director of the Dimension for Missionary Outreach at the last plenary assembly of the Mexican Episcopal Conference and is a member of the Permanent Council.

      . DO YOU WANT TO SAY "THANK YOU" TO THE POPE?

      Beloved :

      The Editor of Roman Catholic News received this letter from Dr. Philipp A. F.
      Wilhelm, Chief Audit Executive, Suva, (Swiss Accident Insurance Trust)
      Switzerland.

      I gladly and cordially publish it here to extend this invitation to all readers.

      In Jesus and Mary,

      John

      * * *

      Hello - please let me tell you about the website http://www.BeneGrazie.com - I
      have created it this week. The idea of the website is to collect a list of
      people who pray for our dear Pope Benedict XVI and who want to thank him. The
      list will then be printed and handed over to him.

      May I please ask you for your your help in making this initiative a success for
      our Holy Father? If you like the idea, please link BeneGrazie.com on your
      profile and spread the word about it among your friends. You can find a banner
      at http://www.BeneGrazie.com/ads/banner720x300EN.jpg. Thank you very much!

      With blessings,
      Philipp

      Benedict XVI)