    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2013

      THURSDAY 3 JANUARY 2013

      . CARDINAL POUPARD, POPE'S SPECIAL ENVOY TO LYONS

      . CARDINAL POUPARD, POPE'S SPECIAL ENVOY TO LYONS

      Vatican City,  (VIS) - In a letter made public yesterday the Holy Father nominated Cardinal Paul Poupard, emeritus president of the Pontifical Council for Culture, as his special envoy at the concluding celebrations of the Jubilee Year dedicated to the Venerable Servant of God Pauline Jaricot, the 150th anniversary of her death and the 50th anniversary of the decree of her heroic virtues, to be held in Lyons on 9 January 2013.

      The cardinal special envoy will be accompanied by a mission composed of the following members: Msgr. Francois Duthel, postulator of the cause of beatification of the Servant of God Pauline Jaricot, and Fr. Daniel Carnot, ex superior general of the Society of African Missions.

      Vatican City,  (VIS) -  The Holy Father appointed:

      - Msgr. David P. Talley of the clergy of Atlanta, U.S.A, as auxiliary bishop of the same archdiocese (area 55,521, population 6,998,399, Catholics 857,000, priests 228, permanent deacons 242, religious 125), U.S.A. The bishop-elect was born in Columbus, U.S.A. in 1950 and ordained a priest in 1989. He has a licentiate and doctorate in canon law from the Gregorian Pontifical University in Rome, and has served in a number of pastoral roles. He was named prelate of honour by his Holiness in 2000.

      - Appointed Msgr. Stephen Jensen, vicar general of Vancouver, Canada, as bishop of Prince George (area 345,600, population 249,000, Catholics 54,600, priests 18, religious 23), Canada. The bishop-elect was born in North Vancouver, Canada in 1954 and ordained a priest in 1980. He was named prelate of honour in 1996 and since 2009 has been vicar general, dean of the Presbyteral Council and diocesan consultor for the archdiocese. He succeeds Bishop Gerald Wiesner, O.M.I., whose resignation from the pastoral care of the same diocese the Holy Father accepted, upon having reached the age limit.

      (copy and distribute)

      The Rosary in the Holy Land with Fr. Mitch
      Pacwahttp://www.ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=503&T1=pa\
      cwaRosary in English or Latin with Gregorian Chant

      CFRhttp://www.franciscanfriars.com/fr.%20glenn%20letters/frglenn575.htmNew
      Jersey State Senate Honors Mama
      Gilihttp://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?r109:E25OC5-0009:Cause of Mama Gili as
      Servant of God (Part 1)