Volume 2, No. 72

  • jlupia2
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2002

      MONDAY 1 April, 2002

      * * *

      WEAR THE BROWN SCAPULAR OF OUR LADY OF MOUNT
      CARMEL AND PRAY THE ROSARY DAILY FOR THE
      CONVERSION OF THE WHOLE WORLD AND FOR CHURCH
      UNITY

      • John Paul II´s Easter Message
      • Pope Celebrates Mass at "Mother of All Vigils"
      • Pope´s Homily During Easter Vigil Mass
      • Papal Address That Was Prepared for Stations of the Cross
      • Pope Offers Spontaneous Meditation at End of Stations of the
      Cross
      • Holy-Land Violence Lamented by L´Osservatore Romano
      • Eucharist Cannot Be Separated from Commandment of Love,
      Says Pope
      • Applause Greets Pope at Confessional
      • HOW TO POST A QUESTION TO THE CATHOLIC REFERENCE
      DESK AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE FOR PUBLICATION
      • EUCHARISTIC PRAYER IN HONOR OF THE SORROWFUL
      HEART OF MARY

      John Paul II´s Easter Message

      "It Seems That War Has Been Declared on Peace!"

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 31, 2002 (Zenit.org).- At the end of Easter
      Mass today in St. Peter´s Square, John Paul II delivered his
      Easter Message before imparting his blessing "urbi et orbi" (to
      the city of Rome and the world). Here is a translation of his
      address which he gave in Italian.

      1. "Venit Jesus ... et dixit eis: ´Pax vobis!´" "Jesus came ... and
      said to them, "Peace be with you" (Jn 20:19). Christ?s blessing
      resounds today, on this most solemn day: Peace be with you!
      Peace to all the men and women of the world! Christ is truly
      risen, and brings peace to all! This is the "good news" of Easter.

      Today is the new day, "made by the Lord" (Ps 117:24), which, in
      the glorious body of the Risen One, restores to the world,
      wounded by sin, its original beauty, radiant with new splendor.

      2. "Death with life contended; combat strangely ended!" After the
      terrible battle Christ returns victorious and advances upon the
      stage of history announcing the Good News: "I am the
      resurrection and the life" (Jn 11:25), "I am the light of the world"
      (Jn 9:5). His message can be summarized in one word: "Pax
      vobis -- Peace be with you!" His peace is the fruit of the victory
      over sin and death which he gained at a high price.

      3. "I leave you peace, I give you my peace. Not as the world gives
      it do I give it to you" (Jn 14:27). Peace "in the manner of the
      world" -- the experience of every age shows it -- is often a
      precarious balance of powers that sooner or later turn against
      one another once more.

      The peace which is the gift of the Risen Christ is deep and
      complete, and can reconcile man with God, with himself, and
      with creation.

      Many religions proclaim that peace is a gift from God. We saw
      this again at the recent Meeting at Assisi. May all the world?s
      believers join their efforts to build a more just and fraternal
      humanity; may they work tirelessly to ensure that religious
      convictions may never be the cause of division and hatred, but
      only and always a source of brotherhood, harmony, love.

      4. Christian communities on every continent, with trepidation and
      hope I ask you to proclaim that Jesus is truly risen, and to work
      so that his peace may bring an end to the tragic sequence of
      atrocities and killings that bloody the Holy Land, plunged again
      in these very days into horror and despair.

      It seems that war has been declared on peace! But nothing is
      resolved by war, it only brings greater suffering and death,
      nothing is resolved through reprisal and retaliation. This is a truly
      great tragedy: no one can remain silent and inactive, no political
      or religious leader! Denunciation must be followed by practical
      acts of solidarity that will help everyone to rediscover mutual
      respect and return to frank negotiation.

      In that Land Christ died and rose from the dead, and left the
      empty tomb as a silent but eloquent attestation. By breaking
      down in himself the hostility the dividing wall between people, he
      has reconciled all through the Cross (cf. Eph 2:14-16), and now
      he commits us, his disciples, to remove every reason for hatred
      and revenge.

      5. How many members of the human family are still subject to
      misery and violence! In how many corners of the world do we
      hear the cry of those who implore help, because they are
      suffering and dying: from Afghanistan, terribly afflicted in recent
      months and now stricken by a disastrous earthquake, to so
      many other countries of the world where social imbalances and
      rival ambitions still torment countless numbers of our brothers
      and sisters.

      Men and women of the third millennium! Let me repeat to you:
      open your hearts to Christ, crucified and risen, who comes with
      the offer of peace! Wherever the Risen Christ enters, he brings
      with him true peace! May that peace enter, first of all, every
      human heart, the unsoundable depth, not easy to heal (cf. Jer
      17:9). May it permeate relations between all sectors of society,
      between different peoples, tongues and mentalities, bringing
      everywhere the leaven of solidarity and love.

      6. And you, Risen Lord, who have overcome tribulation and
      death, grant us your peace! We know that peace will be fully
      revealed at the end of time, when you come in glory.
      Nevertheless, wherever you are present peace is already at work
      in the world. This is our conviction, founded on you, who today
      have risen from the dead, the Lamb sacrificed for our salvation!
      You ask us to keep alive in the world the flame of hope.

      On this radiant day, the Church sings with faith and joy: "Christ,
      my hope, has risen!" Yes, Christ is risen, and with him has risen
      our hope! Alleluia!

      * * *

      Pope Celebrates Mass at "Mother of All Vigils"

      Baptizes Seven Adults and Two Children

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 31, 2002 (Zenit.org).- On Saturday night,
      John Paul II presided over and celebrated the Mass at the
      "mother of all vigils" of the liturgical year, during which he
      baptized nine people.

      The Pontiff, who suffers from a painful arthritic right knee, was in
      better form than he was during Good Friday´s Stations of the
      Cross. He shunned his doctors´ advice to conserve his energy
      and decided to celebrate the Easter Vigil Mass himself instead
      of having a cardinal stand in.

      This is a night "truly blessed," John Paul II said during the
      homily, "when heaven is wedded to earth, and man is reconciled
      to God!"

      "This is the night of nights, the night of faith and hope. While all
      is shrouded in darkness, God -- the Light -- keeps watch. With
      him there keep watch all who hope and trust him," the Holy
      Father added.

      The Pope recalled that it was also Mary´s night: "O Mary, this is
      truly your night! As the last lights of the Sabbath are extinguished,
      and the fruit of your womb rests in the earth, your heart too keeps
      watch! Your faith and your hope look ahead."

      "O Mother, that we too may keep watch in the silence of the night,
      believing and hoping in the Lord´s word," the Holy Father prayed.

      During the three-hour Vigil Mass, John Paul II baptized seven
      adults: five women (two Albanians, one Italian, one Japanese
      and one Chinese), two men (one Pole and one Congolese) and
      two children.

      The Bishop of Rome did not celebrate Mass at Bernini´s Altar of
      the Confession. A provisional altar was set up so that he did not
      have to walk up the steps.

      * * *

      Pope´s Homily During Easter Vigil Mass

      "This Is the Night of Nights, the Night of Faith and of Hope"

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 31, 2002 (Zenit.org).- Here is the homily
      John Paul II delivered during the Easter Vigil Mass late Saturday
      in St. Peter´s Basilica. During the Mass he baptized seven adults
      and two children.

      1. "God said: ´Let there be light´; and there was light" (Gen 1:3).
      An explosion of light, which God?s word brought forth from
      nothing, rent asunder the first night, the night of Creation.

      The Apostle John will write: "God is light, and in him is no
      darkness at all" (1 Jn 1:5). God did not create darkness but light!
      And the Book of Wisdom, clearly revealing that God´s work has
      always had a positive purpose, puts it thus: "He created all
      things that they might exist; and the creatures of the world are
      wholesome, and there is no destructive poison in them; and the
      dominion of Hades is not on earth" (Wis 1:14).

      In that first night, the night of Creation, is rooted the Paschal
      Mystery which, following the tragedy of sin, represents the
      restoration and the crowning of that first beginning. The divine
      Word called into existence all things and, in Jesus, became
      flesh for our salvation. And if the destiny of the first Adam was to
      return to the earth from which he had been made (cf. Gen 3:19),
      the last Adam has come down from heaven in order to return
      there in victory, the first-fruits of the new humanity (cf. Jn 3:13; 1
      Cor 15:47).

      2. Another night constitutes the fundamental event of the history
      of Israel: it is the wondrous Exodus from Egypt, the story of which
      is read each year at the solemn Easter Vigil.

      "The Lord drove the sea back by a strong east wind all night, and
      made the sea dry land, and the waters were divided. The people
      of Israel went into the midst of the sea on dry ground, the waters
      being a wall to them on their right hand and on their left" (Ex
      14:21-22). The People of God was born from this "baptism" in
      the Red Sea, when it experienced the powerful hand of the Lord
      who snatched it from slavery in order to lead it to the yearned-for
      land of freedom, justice and peace.

      This is the second night, the night of the Exodus.

      The prophecy of the Book of Exodus is fulfilled today also for us,
      who are Israelites according to the Spirit, descendants of
      Abraham because of faith (cf. Rom 4:16). In his Passover, as the
      new Moses, Christ has made us pass from the slavery of sin to
      the freedom of the children of God. Having died with Jesus, with
      him we rise to new life, thanks to the power of his Spirit. His
      Baptism has become our baptism.

      3. You too will receive this Baptism, which brings us into a new
      life, dear catechumens from different countries: from Albania,
      China, Japan, Italy, Poland, and the Democratic Republic of
      Congo. Two of you, a Japanese mother and a Chinese mother,
      have each brought their child, so that, in the same celebration,
      the mothers and the children will be baptized together.

      "On this most holy night," when Christ rose from the dead, you
      too will experience a spiritual "exodus": leave behind your former
      life and enter the "land of the living." This is the third night, the
      night of the Resurrection.

      4. "Most blessed of all nights, chosen by God to see Christ rising
      from the dead!" We sang these words in the Easter
      Proclamation at the beginning of this solemn Vigil, the Mother of
      all Vigils.

      After the tragic night of Good Friday, when "the power of
      darkness" (Lk 22:53) seemed to have prevailed over the One
      who is "the light of the world" (Jn 8:12), after the great silence of
      Holy Saturday, in which Christ, having completed his work on
      earth, found rest in the mystery of the Father and took his
      message of life into the pit of death, behold at last the night
      which precedes "the third day," on which, in accordance with the
      Scriptures, the Messiah would rise, as he himself had often
      foretold to his disciples.

      "Night truly blessed, when heaven is wedded to earth and man
      is reconciled to God!" (Easter Proclamation).

      5. This is the night of nights, the night of faith and of hope. While
      all is shrouded in darkness, God -- the Light -- keeps watch. With
      him there keep watch all who hope and trust in him.

      O Mary, this is truly your night! As the last lights of the Sabbath
      are extinguished, and the fruit of your womb rests in the earth,
      your heart too keeps watch! Your faith and your hope look ahead.
      Behind the heavy stone, they already detect the empty tomb;
      behind the thick veil of darkness, they glimpse the dawn of the
      Resurrection.

      Grant, O Mother, that we too may keep watch in the silence of the
      night, believing and hoping in the Lord?s word. Thus shall we
      meet, in the fullness of light and life, Christ, the first-fruits of the
      risen, who reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, for ever and
      ever. Alleluia!

      * * *

      Papal Address That Was Prepared for Stations of the Cross

      "Today, Good Friday, We Testify to the Victory of Christ Crucified"

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 30, 2002 (Zenit.org).- Here is the
      address that John Paul II was to deliver at the end of the Stations
      of the Cross, or Via Crucis, which he presided over at the
      Colosseum on Good Friday. In fact, he instead gave a
      spontaneous meditation on the death and resurrection of Christ.

      1. Crucem tuam adoramus, Domine! -- We adore your Cross, O
      Lord!

      At the end of this eloquent evocation of Christ´s Passion, our
      gaze remains fixed upon the Cross. We contemplate in faith the
      mystery of salvation which it reveals to us. Jesus, as he died,
      removed the veil from before our eyes, and now the Cross
      towers over the world in all its splendor. The peace-bringing
      silence of the One whom human evil hung upon that Tree
      imparts peace and love. On the Cross the Son of Man has died,
      taking upon himself the burden of all human suffering and
      injustice. On Golgotha the One who by his death has redeemed
      the world dies for us.

      2. "They shall look on him whom they have pierced" (Jn 19:37).

      Good Friday sees fulfilled the prophetic words which John the
      Evangelist, an eyewitness, relates with meditated precision. To
      God made man, who out of love accepted the most debasing
      punishment, multitudes of every race and culture now look.
      When their gaze is guided by the profound intuition of faith, they
      recognize in the Crucified One the unsurpassable "witness" of
      Love.

      From the Cross Jesus gathers into one people Jews and
      Gentiles, manifesting the will of his heavenly Father to make all
      mankind a single family gathered in his name.

      In the acute pain of the Suffering Servant we already hear the
      triumphant cry of the Risen Lord. Christ on the Cross is the King
      of the new people ransomed from the burden of sin and death.
      However twisted and confused the course of history may appear,
      we know that, by walking in the footsteps of the Crucified
      Nazarene, we shall attain the goal. Amid the conflicts of a world
      often dominated by selfishness and hatred, we, as believers, are
      called to proclaim the victory of Love. Today, Good Friday, we
      testify to the victory of Christ Crucified.

      3. We adore your Cross, O Lord!

      Yes, we adore you, Lord, lifted up upon the Cross between
      heaven and earth, the sole Mediator of our salvation. Your Cross
      is the banner of our victory!

      We adore you, Son of the Most Holy Virgin who stands unbowed
      beside your Cross, courageously sharing in your redeeming
      sacrifice.

      Through the Wood on which you were crucified joy has come to
      the whole world -- propter Lignum venit gaudium in universo
      mundo. Today we are all the more aware of this, as our gaze is
      already lifted towards the ineffable wonder of your resurrection.
      "We adore your Cross, O Lord; we praise and glorify your holy
      resurrection!".

      With these sentiments, dear Brothers and Sisters, I extend to you
      all a cordial Easter greeting, which I accompany with my
      Apostolic Blessing.

      * * *

      Pope Offers Spontaneous Meditation at End of Stations of the
      Cross

      At Colosseum, He Appeals for Prayers for Peace in Jerusalem

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 30, 2002 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II on
      Good Friday carried the cross during the last station of the Way
      of the Cross at Rome´s Colosseum, and then offered pilgrims a
      spontaneous meditation.

      Because of an arthritic right knee, he sat for most of the Stations
      of the Cross, keeping watch from the Palatine Hill.

      "Tomorrow, Holy Saturday, is a day of silence, of mysterious
      expectation," the Pope told the 30,000 pilgrims on hand. "On
      Sunday morning, the one who was crucified and buried will
      come out of the tomb."

      "And we await him, that Sunday morning, as the conqueror of
      death, as Savior of the world," he added.

      "May the Lord inspire a profound silence and hope in us to arrive
      at that moment, when the women find the tomb empty and hear:
      ´He is not here, he is risen,´" the Pope concluded.

      Before beginning the Way of the Cross, or Via Crucis, the Holy
      Father appealed to pilgrims to pray for peace in the Holy Land.
      "Peace for those who are near and those who are far away.
      Peace to you, Jerusalem, beloved city of the Lord," he said.

      The meditations for the Stations, which recall the final stages of
      Jesus´ suffering and his death and burial, were written by 14
      journalists, Vatican correspondents of various newspapers and
      television stations. The meditations were at once direct and
      profound.

      "In these days of unheard-of violence and brutal opposition
      between men, give us a ray of your peace and serenity," Russian
      journalist Alexej Bukalov exclaimed in the second Station.

      Itar-Tass agency´s correspondent added in his prayer: "Give us
      sentiments of peace and forgiveness, because there is no
      peace without forgiveness, there is no forgiveness without
      compassion."

      John M. Thavis, an American correspondent for Catholic News
      Service, who wrote the first Station, told ZENIT: "It was not about
      writing texts of current importance, but of going deeply into a
      spiritual meditation with our language. We have not talked about
      war, but we have perceived Jesus´ suffering as something
      present."

      * * *

      Holy-Land Violence Lamented by L´Osservatore Romano

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 30, 2002 (Zenit.org).- L´Osservatore
      Romano took special note of the violence gripping the Mideast
      during the Easter triduum.

      The picture of a tank on the front page of today´s Italian edition
      appeared with the headline "Inner Silence of the Holy Days
      Lacerated by the Clash of Arms."

      "The land in which the passion, death and resurrection of Christ
      reconciled humanity with God and restored the dimension of
      authentic peace, is fiercely stricken today by the instruments that
      hatred has given to violence," the semiofficial Vatican newspaper
      reported.

      The picture of the Israeli tank was taken in front of the general
      headquarters of Yasser Arafat, president of the Palestinian
      Authority. The headquarters were attacked on Good Friday, after
      Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon officially declared Arafat an
      "enemy."

      About the same time, a Palestinian woman suicide bomber
      attacked a supermarket in Jerusalem, killing two Israelis and
      wounding 20 others, officials reported.

      On Wednesday, 21 people died and 124 were wounded in a
      suicide-bombing attack on a lodge in Netanya. Recalling these
      and other attacks claimed by Palestinian organizations, Sharon
      justified the reprisal, saying: "No other country in the world would
      have tolerated a series of attacks of this kind."

      The Israeli military operations are the most intense in the
      18-month-long Palestinian uprising, and the greatest threat to
      Arafat´s power since his return from exile to the West Bank in
      1994.

      * * *

      Eucharist Cannot Be Separated from Commandment of Love,
      Says Pope

      At Holy Thursday Mass of Lord´s Supper

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 30, 2002 (Zenit.org).- It is not possible to
      separate the sacrament of the Eucharist from the
      commandment of love, John Paul II said during the Holy
      Thursday evening Mass of the Lord´s Supper.

      Because of an arthritic knee, the Holy Father was unable to
      performing the ritual Washing of the Feet. Instead, Cardinal
      Angelo Sodano, Vatican secretary of state, washed the feet of 12
      elderly priests on the Pope´s behalf. After the rite, John Paul II
      blessed each priest.

      "Participation in the Lord´s Mass cannot be separated from the
      duty to love one´s neighbor," the Bishop of Rome said during the
      homily.

      "Every time we partake of the Eucharist, we also express our
      ´Amen´ before the Body and Blood of the Lord," he said. "Thus
      we commit ourselves to do what Christ did, ´to wash the feet´ of
      brothers, being transformed into concrete and transparent
      images of the One who ´stripped himself and assumed the
      condition of a slave.´"

      "Love is the most precious legacy that he leaves to those he
      calls to follow him. On this night, he gave the whole of humanity
      his love, shared by his disciples," said the Holy Father, when
      commemorating the institution of the Eucharist and the
      priesthood.

      And given the inconsistency of Christians´ life with the Lord´s
      commandment, the Pope concluded his homily by proposing
      "the rediscovery of the sacrament of reconciliation, to help all
      believers to come to the table of the Body and Blood of the Lord
      with respect and devotion."

      At the Pope´s request, the collection taken up during the Mass
      was earmarked for the poorest Indian and mestizo populations
      of Latin America and the Caribbean.

      Cardinal Sodano assisted the Holy Father in the Liturgy of the
      Eucharist. John Paul II pronounced the words of the
      consecration, but it was Cardinal Sodano who raised the Host
      and the chalice.

      At 5 p.m. on Good Friday, the Pope presided over the Liturgy of
      the Word, the Adoration of the Cross, and the Rite of
      Communion.

      After 9 p.m., from the Palatine Hill, he presided over the Stations
      of the Cross at the Colosseum, which was illuminated by tens of
      thousands of candles carried by pilgrims.

      * * *

      Applause Greets Pope at Confessional

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 30, 2002 (Zenit.org).- Continuing his
      custom, John Paul II went to St. Peter´s Basilica shortly after
      midday on Good Friday to hear pilgrims´ confessions.

      Because of a painful arthritic right knee, he went to the
      confessional on a mobile stand. The faithful who were present
      began to applaud.

      During one hour, the Pope heard the confessions of five women
      and four men of various nationalities. The last ones to go to
      confession were a married couple with a baby. At the end, the
      Holy Father kissed the baby and patted the smiling mother.

      Eventually, John Paul II left St. Peter´s using the mobile stand
      again, after first going around the basilica amid the applause of
      the faithful, many of whom stretched out their hands to him. He
      paid special attention to a small group of Poles who were calling
      out his name.

      The Holy Father began the custom of confessing pilgrims on
      Good Friday in 1980. Since then, he has not missed a year,
      emphasizing to Catholics the importance of the sacrament of
      reconciliation. In his Letter to Priests for Holy Thursday, he called
      for a rediscovery of this sacrament.

      Roman catholic News is very happy to announce new exciting
      links available to you, our fine subscribers. Some links require
      Realplayer a software program that allows you to see live
      television and hear audio recordings as well as listen to live
      radio. The software is free. To obtain your free copy go to EWTN
      Live TV and Radio on the link below and scroll down until you
      find the Download Free RealPlayer link and click it on.

      2. Live EWTN TV and Radio
      http://www.ewtn.com/audiovideo/index.htm

      • Live EWTN TV - Spanish • Catholic World Today Radio
      * Today's Homily (Video) • Audio of Today's Homily
      • Audio of Pope's Wednesday Audience • Radio Catolica Mundial
      • Audio of EWTN's The World Over • Mother Angelica Live (Video)
      * The Journey Home (Video) • EWTN Religious Catalogue (Video)

      Send EWTN donations online:
      https://www.ewtn.com/ewtn/ssl/donation/donation_ewtn.asp

      http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/040102.htm

      http://www.universalis.com/cgi-bin/display/-600/USA/Readings.html

      http://www.monksofadoration.org/audiolit.html

      * * *

      5. English and Polish-speaking radio Lenten retreats Fr. Justin
      Rosary Hour http://www.RosaryHour.net

      Polish Rosary Hour by the Conventual Fransicans
      http://www.rosaryhour.net/ra/program.ram

      http://www.monksofadoration.org/rosarych.html

      DOWNLOAD FREE SCRIPTURAL ROSARY
      http://www.virtualrosary.org/

      http://www.suba.com/~gunkel/divinemercy/dmvirtchap.htm

      * * *

      8. BIOGRAPHY OF MAMA GILI WITH PHOTO
      http://www.holyfaceofjesus.com/mama.html
      Then once inside click on
      PRAYER FOR THE BEATIFICATION OF MAMA GILI

      The Mama Gili Guild was established several years ago to
      gather, collect, and publish information on Dolores Immacolata
      Gili (1892-1985) for an investigation into her cause as a Servant
      of God, as well as to promote her cause and to perpetuate her
      cult by directing prayer groups assembled in her honor. It has
      continuously enjoyed the ecclesiastical approval of Theodore
      Cardinal McCarrick, and the Most Reverend John Joseph Myers,
      Archbishop of Newark, New Jersey.

      Call or write today regarding favors granted through the
      intercession of Dolores Immacolata "Mama" Gili, or, for more
      information about the cause of her investigation for canonization to:

      HOW TO POST A QUESTION TO THE CATHOLIC REFERENCE
      DESK AND HOW TO SUBMIT AN ARTICLE FOR PUBLICATION

      Roman Catholic News is currently ranked 15 of 792 Catholic
      Yahoo groups, with over 500 subscriptions, and growing steadily
      on a daily basis. Your membership as a subscriber is important
      to us and helps us grow in numbers which prompts us to
      improve our services. Please spread the word that a Catholic
      clergy run Catholic News group and Reference Desk are
      available that keeps you informed on all the activities of Pope
      John Paul II, the Holy See, the Roman Curia, Catholic doctrine,
      critical world news, biblical studies, and its Catholic Reference
      Desk answers questions you post. When posting questions
      please place in the subject field of your email "Reference Desk".
      Emails can be sent to either Roman-Catholic-News
      owner@yahoogroups.com, or to jlupia2@.... Articles
      written by professional and scholarly authors can also be sent to
      the email addresses above for consideration in a future issue.
      Authors should keep in mind that Roman Catholic News is a
      not-for-profit organization and considers publishing articles
      without paying any monetary compensation to authors. All
      materials submitted and published are copyright protected in
      accordance to the latest ruling from the Office of Copyright,
      Library of Congress, Washington, D.C. Your subscription is
      important to us. Welcome to Roman Catholic News. Tell a friend.

      * * *

      EUCHARISTIC PRAYER IN HONOR OF THE SORROWFUL
      HEART OF MARY

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the crucified Body of Your dearly beloved Son,
      Jesus Christ, in reparation for all the sins committed against you
      and for the conversion and salvation of the whole world."

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the precious Blood of Your dearly beloved Son,
      Jesus Christ, in reparation for all the sins committed against you
      and for the conversion and salvation of the whole world."

      approaches unity among all Christians of the various
      confessions will increase until they reach full communion." John
      Paul II, Tertio Millennio Adveniente, 16

      clinging to her robes while walking down a dusty and busy
      crowded street and you'll always be safe."

      To gain access to all of the Roman Catholic News archives go to
      the URL:

      There are four ways to access archived articles: (1) Go to the
      Home Page panel on the far left and click on the word
      "Messages" just below the word "Home"; (2) then click on the
      articles posted by date; (3) or click on the blue Arabic numerals
      in the box for the month in the yearly calendar window at the
      bottom of the page; (4) or type in a keyword in the long
      rectangular white box alongside the long rectangular button that
      reads SEARCH ARCHIVE, and then click that button.

      unless specified otherwise. All articles from VIS, VID, Zenit ,
      Associated Press (AP), Reuters, and Noticias Eclesiales are
      republished by approval and courtesy of these news agencies.
      We encourage our readers to send financial support to Zenit, a
      private news organization in Rome. Zenit (http://www.zenit.org),
      VIS (V.I.S. - Vatican Information Service) Zenit , Associated Press
      (AP), Reuters, (VID) Vidimus Dominum, and Noticias Eclesiales
      own the original copyright for their news releases as credited. All
      copyright materials copied in any form must include the
      appropriate copyright owner; for Roman Catholic News use our
      URL as follows:
      correspondence should be sent to: