Volume 2, No. 71

  • jlupia2
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2002

      FRIDAY 29 March, 2002

      Day of Fast and Abstinence

      • John Paul II´s Homily at Mass of the Lord´s Supper
      "Intimate Connection Between Eucharist and Commandment of
      • Pray for Persecuted Priests and Those in Crisis, Asks Pope
      Presides over Holy Thursday Chrism Mass
      • Polish Archbishop Resigns in Wake of Allegations
      But Juliusz Paetz of Poznan Says He Is Innocent
      • Stations of the Cross Scheduled to End near Ground Zero
      • Through a Journalist´s Eyes: Jesus Is Placed in the Tomb
      Austrian Struggled to Pen 14th Station for Pope´s Stations of the
      • Communion-and-Liberation Founder´s Way of the Cross
      "We Look at the Face of Him Whom We´ve Grieved"

      * * *

      John Paul II´s Homily at Mass of the Lord´s Supper
      "Intimate Connection Between Eucharist and Commandment of

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- Here is a Vatican
      translation of John Paul II's homily at the Mass of the Lord's
      Supper celebrated today in St. Peter's Basilica.

      Because of his arthritic right knee, the Pope did not perform the
      ceremonial Washing of the Feet (of a dozen priests). In his
      place, Cardinal Angelo Sodano, Vatican secretary of state,
      performed the ritual.

      1. "Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to
      the end" (Jn 13:1).

      These words from the Gospel text just proclaimed clearly
      underline the climate of Holy Thursday. They give us an insight
      into what Christ felt "on the night when he was betrayed" (1 Cor
      11:23), and they inspire us to take part with intense and personal
      gratitude in the solemn rite we are celebrating.

      This evening we begin Christ's Passover, constituting the tragic
      and concluding moment, long prepared and awaited, of the
      earthly existence of the Word of God. Jesus came among us not
      to be served but to serve, and he took upon himself the
      vicissitudes and hopes of the people of all time. Mystically
      anticipating the sacrifice of the Cross, in the Upper Room it was
      his wish to stay with us under the appearances of bread and
      wine, and he entrusted to the Apostles and their successors the
      mission and power to perpetuate the living and efficacious
      memory of that event in the Eucharist.

      This celebration thus mystically involves all of us and introduces
      us into the Sacred Triduum, during which we too shall learn from
      the one "Master and Lord" to "stretch out our hands" and go to
      wherever we are called to fulfil the will of our heavenly Father.

      2. "Do this in memory of me" (1 Cor 11:24,25). With this
      command, which commits us to repeating his gesture, Jesus
      concludes the institution of the Sacrament of the Altar. As he
      finishes the washing of the feet, he again invites us to imitate
      him: "For I have given you an example, that you also should do
      as I have done to you" (Jn 13:15). In this way he establishes an
      intimate connection between the Eucharist, the sacrament of his
      sacrificial gift, and the commandment of love which commits us
      to welcoming and serving our brothers and sisters.

      Partaking of the Lord's table cannot be separated from the duty
      of loving our neighbour. Each time we partake in the Eucharist,
      we too say our "Amen" before the Body and Blood of the Lord. In
      doing so we commit ourselves to doing what Christ has done, to
      "washing the feet" of our brothers and sisters, becoming a real
      and visible image of the One who "emptied himself, taking the
      form of a servant" (Phil 2:7).

      Love is the most precious legacy which Christ leaves to those
      whom he calls to follow him. It is his love, shared by his
      disciples, which this evening is offered to all humanity.

      3. "Any one who eats and drinks without discerning the body eats
      and drinks judgment upon himself" (1 Cor 11:29). The Eucharist
      is a great gift, but also a great responsibility for those who
      receive it. Before Peter, who is reluctant to have his feet washed,
      Jesus insists on the need to be unsullied in order to take part in
      the sacrificial banquet of the Eucharist.

      The Church's tradition has always stressed the link between the
      Eucharist and the Sacrament of Reconciliation. I too have
      wished to reaffirm this in my Letter to Priests for Holy Thursday
      this year, by inviting priests above all to consider with renewed
      wonder the beauty of the Sacrament of forgiveness. Only in this
      way will they be able to help the faithful entrusted to their pastoral
      care to rediscover the Sacrament.

      The Sacrament of Penance restores to the baptized the divine
      grace lost by mortal sin, and disposes them to receive the
      Eucharist worthily. Furthermore, in the direct conversation which
      its ordinary celebration involves, the Sacrament can meet the
      need for personal communication, which has become more and
      more difficult nowadays as a result of the frenetic pace of our
      technological society. Through his enlightened and patient
      action, the confessor can bring the penitent into that profound
      communion with Christ which the Sacrament restores and which
      the Eucharist brings to full fruition.

      May the rediscovery of the Sacrament of Reconciliation help all
      the faithful to draw near with respect and devotion to the Table of
      the Lord's Body and Blood.

      4. "Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to
      the end" (Jn 13:1).

      Let us return in spirit to the Upper Room! Here we recollect
      ourselves in faith around the Altar of the Lord, as we
      commemorate the Last Supper. Repeat the gestures of Christ,
      we proclaim that his death has redeemed humanity from sin and
      continues to reveal the hope of a future of salvation for the men
      and women of every time and place.

      Priests are called to perpetuate the rite which, under the
      appearances of bread and wine, makes present the sacrifice of
      Christ, truly, really and substantially, until the end of time. All
      Christians are called to become humble and attentive servants
      of their brothers and sisters, in order to cooperate in their
      salvation. It is the task of every believer to proclaim through his or
      her life that the Son of God loved his own "to the end". This
      evening, in a silence charged with mystery, our faith is

      In union with the whole Church, we proclaim your death, O Lord.
      Filled with gratitude, we taste already the joy of your resurrection.
      Full of trust, we commit ourselves to living in expectation of your
      return in glory. Today and for ever, O Christ, our Redeemer.

      * * *

      Pray for Persecuted Priests and Those in Crisis, Asks Pope
      Presides over Holy Thursday Chrism Mass

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- In a Holy Thursday
      homily, John Paul II requested prayers for all priests who are
      persecuted in the name of Christ, as well as for those who have
      abandoned their ministry or are experiencing a crisis.

      The Pope made his appeal during the Chrism Mass, which he
      concelebrated with hundreds of priests. The Holy Father
      consecrated the holy chrism, the oil of catechumens and of the

      The priests attending the Mass renewed the promises they
      made on the day of their ordination.

      "Let us pray for all priests," the Pope exhorted, "in particular for
      those working in the midst of difficulties and who suffer
      persecutions, remembering especially those who have paid for
      their fidelity to Christ with their blood."

      He also requested prayers "for those brothers of ours who have
      failed in the fulfillment of the commitments made at their priestly
      ordination or who are going through a period of difficulty and

      The Pontiff reminded the more than 400,000 priests of the world
      that, "conscious of human weakness, but confident in the
      healing power of divine grace, we are called to embrace the
      'Mysterium Crucis' [mystery of the cross] and to commit
      ourselves ultimately to the quest for holiness."

      The Eucharist was presided over by John Paul II and officiated by
      Cardinal Darío Castrillón Hoyos, prefect of the Vatican
      Congregation for the Clergy.

      The Pope read the formula of the eucharistic consecration, but it
      was the cardinal who raised the Host and chalice.

      On Wednesday, Bishop Piero Marini, master of papal liturgical
      celebrations, explained that the cardinal's help was due to the
      persistent arthritic pain in the Pope's right knee.

      * * *

      Polish Archbishop Resigns in Wake of Allegations
      But Juliusz Paetz of Poznan Says He Is Innocent

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- John Paul II
      accepted the resignation of Archbishop Juliusz Paetz of Poznan,
      Poland, following a Vatican investigation and newspaper
      allegations that the prelate had sexually harassed priests and

      The Polish newspaper Rzeczpospolita published anonymous
      testimonies of individuals who accused Archbishop Paetz, 67, of
      sexual harassment. The Vatican announced Feb. 23 that
      investigations were under way.

      "The Holy See has been informed of these circumstance and I
      can affirm that it is also following the subject with great attention
      and responsibility, in order to safeguard the rights of all," Vatican
      spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls said.

      Archbishop Paetz has repeatedly stated his innocence.

      In announcing his retirement, at the end of the Chrism Mass
      today in the Cathedral of Poznan, the archbishop told the faithful:
      "My generosity and spontaneity have been abused. My words,
      gestures and acts have been distorted."

      The archbishop said the Holy See has not presented him with
      an "accusation." He added: "There has been no specific
      accusation, no interrogation."

      The Pope appointed Auxiliary Bishop Stanislaw Gadecki, 52, of
      the Archdiocese of Gniezno, as the archbishop's successor.

      * * *

      Stations of the Cross Scheduled to End near Ground Zero

      NEW YORK, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- This year's Good
      Friday Stations of the Cross organized by Communion and
      Liberation in New York will end near Sept. 11's ground zero.

      Auxiliary Bishop Ignatius A. Catanello of Brooklyn will lead the
      Stations, whose route includes the Brooklyn Bridge and City Hall
      Park. Carrying the cross will be representatives of New York's
      fire and police departments and the Port Authority of New York
      and New Jersey. Mayor Michael Bloomberg will greet the
      participants at the park.

      The Stations will end at St. Peter's Church near the site of the
      collapsed World Trade Center.

      Communion and Liberation organized this year's procession in
      memory of the Sept. 11 tragedy and the sacrifices made by New
      York's firefighters, police and authorities.

      The three-hour event will begin at 11:30 a.m. in Brooklyn's St.
      James Cathedral. It will include prayers, readings and hymns.

      Cardinal Edward Egan, archbishop of New York, and Bishop
      Thomas V. Daily of Brooklyn have approved the Via Crucis. The
      news was published today in L'Osservatore Romano.

      * * *

      Through a Journalist´s Eyes: Jesus Is Placed in the Tomb
      Austrian Struggled to Pen 14th Station for Pope´s Stations of the

      VATICAN CITY, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- The Way of the
      Cross that John Paul II will lead on Good Friday will culminate
      with a meditation on the 14th Station written by a young Austrian

      Marie Czernin, 29, correspondent of the German Catholic
      periodical Die Tagespost (www.die-tagespost.de/index.html), is
      one of 14 journalists who wrote the meditations for one of the
      most moving events of Holy Week in Rome.

      Here, Marie Czernin tells ZENIT how she received the proposal
      and how she wrote the meditation for the 14th Station.

      Q: How did you learn that you had been chosen to write the Via
      Crucis for the Pope?

      Czernin: It was a total surprise. We were called to the Vatican
      Press Office to be told that we had an appointment with Bishop
      Piero Marini, master of papal celebrations, who wished to speak
      with us.

      Given the private and totally extraordinary nature of the call, we
      thought he would talk to us about something very important,
      such as the Pope's health. However, Bishop Marini explained to
      us that this year the Pope had chosen journalists [to write the
      meditations]. Alexej Bukalov, correspondent of Itar-Tass, spoke
      spontaneously to express our gratitude and to acknowledge that
      it was a great honor for us.

      Q: Then you returned home with one question: "And now, what
      should I write?"

      Czernin: Yes, it was really difficult to concentrate, especially in a
      city like Rome, full of noise, where it is impossible to find a
      minute of silence. The life of a journalist is very frenetic and I
      thought I would not be able to find the silence to write a

      I did not want it to be something that came simply from my
      reflection, but that it be inspired by prayer, by the Holy Spirit. We
      were supposed to hand in the text on Monday, Feb. 25, and the
      week before I had still not written a thing.

      Q: Nerves?

      Czernin: That week, the Pope was in Spiritual Exercises and for
      us, journalists, it was calmer. I went on retreat for three days to
      Umbria, to Gubbio where St. Francis tamed the wolf, the most
      remote place in the world. I go there when I need peace and
      silence, to the convent of the Sisters of Bethlehem and of the
      Assumption of the Virgin, a new monastic community that arose
      in France.

      They know me well and when I go, they give me a cell. I told the
      nuns what I had to do, and they supported me intensely with
      prayer. They gave me some texts on the topic that might inspire
      my meditation.

      Q: Why did you choose the 14th Station, "Jesus is placed in the

      Czernin: In part, it was accidental. Bishop Marini suggested that
      the women journalists choose stations where women appear.
      The other women journalists chose those more directly related
      [to women]. I would have chosen Veronica's, but it was not
      among the 14 Stations. As no one was choosing the last one, I
      decided to choose it. But Bishop Marini told me that women are
      extremely present in that station: Mary and the other women help
      to place Jesus' body in the sepulcher.

      I then realized that in reality, ever since I was little, Holy Saturday
      has always fascinated me. It is a day that is suspended between
      life and death, between death and resurrection -- a day of
      silence. Little by little I kept remembering Easter in my home, a
      very special day. In Byzantine spirituality, the cross never
      appears alone, but always projected toward the resurrection, the
      glorious cross.

      Q: However, all that had to be put on paper.

      Czernin: The first day of retreat that I dedicated to the Via Crucis
      in Gubbio was a Friday, I was sick, and very tired. I read the texts
      the nuns had given me but I was falling asleep. The sisters were
      afraid that I might not be able to do anything, as I had to hand the
      text in on Monday.

      On Saturday the situation did not improve. One of the sisters
      asked me how I was doing. I answered that I was still "going up
      to Calvary." Then we began to invoke the Holy Spirit. In fact, I did
      the whole Via Crucis, so as not to remain just with the 14th

      By living the Via Crucis, I could understand better its final point. I
      also prayed for the journalists who had to write the stations. I felt
      the communion of the sisters who were praying for me. On
      Saturday I did nothing, and I had only one day left.

      I woke up suddenly at 5 o'clock on Sunday morning, without an
      alarm clock, and ideas came very forcefully to my mind, like
      flashes. I started to write exactly as they came to me, at great
      speed. The silence of the morning is my best time to write. This
      is also true with my articles.

      Q: Which was the strongest flash you had?

      Czernin: To see the dynamic between death and resurrection:
      the time of the tomb is not the time of nothingness. It was the
      time in which Christ acted powerfully although in a hidden
      manner. This idea has always made an impression on me. The
      idea of the grain of wheat came to me -- "if it does not fall on the
      ground and die it does not give fruit."

      It was the moment of total humiliation, of absolute "kenosis." St.
      Epiphanius relives that moment re-creating a dialogue between
      Adam and Christ. "What are you doing among the dead?" the
      first astonished man asks his Savior.

      Q: And, as a woman, how do you identify with those women who
      in the morning took balm and ointment to cleanse the
      massacred body of Christ?

      Czernin: In my personal life it has always impressed me how
      those women went to the sepulcher believing that he was dead.
      Sometimes I also had the vision of a dead Jesus: He was not a
      living Jesus, who speaks to us and inspires us. It was an image
      made up of prejudices.

      He himself has made me understand, in the passage of Sunday
      morning when the women took the ointments, the answer to a
      question: "Why do I weep for a dead Jesus, when he is among
      the living?

      Q: Why did the Pope asked journalists to write the Via Crucis?

      Czernin: The Pope has always appreciated the work of
      journalists. With a sort of pedagogic gesture, he has entrusted
      this task to us to remind us of our responsibility. There are those
      who might criticize him, thinking that a journalist should not be
      involved in something that the Vatican proposes, so as not to
      lose his liberty and objectivity.

      Personally, I see no contradiction: A journalist can be a believer
      and be a good journalist. He does not lose his objectivity
      because of it. I write for a Catholic periodical and, if we need to
      criticize something, we do so, as we must follow the principle of

      Q: What is this Via Crucis of journalists like? What has been your
      specific contribution?

      Czernin: This year we have lived through tragic events which
      have shocked us and changed history. When I read the
      newspapers I feel I am faced with a living Via Crucis. Bishop
      Marini told us that there is a theme in the 14 Stations we have
      written: we must reflect on these daily, tragic events in the light of
      Christ's passion.

      However, on this occasion we could not seek shelter in
      professional coldness. We had to open ourselves and confess
      our faith. We could not continue to be spectators of the world's
      suffering. The moment of choice has now arrived; we cannot
      remain indifferent.

      * * *

      Communion-and-Liberation Founder´s Way of the Cross
      "We Look at the Face of Him Whom We´ve Grieved"

      ROME, MARCH 28, 2002 (Zenit.org).- On the eve of Good Friday,
      ZENIT presents a meditation on the Way of the Cross, written by
      Monsignor Luigi Giussani, founder of the Communion and
      Liberation movement.

      Meditations Along the Way of the Cross
      by Monsignor Luigi Giussani

      1st Station
      Jesus is condemned to death

      We're among the killers of Christ, like all the others; like all the
      others, but in a way that is absolutely as particular as the
      relationship He has with us. Nevertheless, this Presence
      remains inexorable in our life, because it belongs to Him. The
      Lord, in His Mercy, chose us, pardoned us, embraced us over
      and over again. He took upon Himself all of our sins, we are
      already pardoned. But this must manifest itself. How? Through
      this heart of mine that welcomes Him, recognizes Him. It is
      something so simple, but there is nothing more divine in the
      world, more miraculous, that is, greater than the foretaste of the
      ultimate, eternal evidence.

      2nd Station
      Jesus is given the cross

      "You walk with us in the desert." This word is true. You don't take
      away the desert that is our life, but you speak in it, and your word
      is the bread that satisfies, the rock on which to build. This is the
      pain of Your Cross: You came to walk with us and we leave You
      alone. May our eyes and our hearts be moved in the memory of
      this sacrificed Presence of Yours, of this walking of Yours in the
      desert. You willingly embraced the cross. Who among us has
      made this will to sacrifice habitual?

      3rd Station
      Jesus falls for the first time

      This is the crime, man's fading away from himself, from that
      which he is made of, that is, from himself, the fading away of
      man from himself. Sin. What a roaring imposition this word,
      then, assumes: sin. And such a word is understood from its
      origin, from its root, which is the forgetting of You, O Father.
      Entrusting yourself to Him means following Him, accepting His
      law. It can seem like a sacrifice, but it is for a joy. This path in
      which sacrifice is the condition for becoming mature, great, is to
      our advantage. Our awareness will become deeper, the
      Consoler will be given us. Salvation is a gift -- it is not a
      searching on our part, an effort -- and it has a name: Christ.

      4th Station
      Jesus meets his mother

      The first meaning of Mary's gaze at Him is an identification. Who
      would have thought that the Creator, in order for us to live the
      relationship with all things, would have lost these things in order
      to regain them. His mother believed this right away. Mary, make
      us participants in this awareness with which you watched your
      Son die alone, alone, on the cross. You watched your Son walk
      with men for whom He came to die, alone.

      5th Station
      Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus carry the cross

      There is a fact as big as a mountain that comes first, and
      through which your path must pass: God loved us first. None of
      us can pull this fact away from the fabric of life: we have been
      called. God chose us, we are God's particular property, our life
      belongs to Him.

      6th Station
      Veronica wipes the face of Jesus

      Sacrifice is neither beautiful nor evocative. Christ suffering and
      dying is sacrifice. The sacrifice ... is Christ suffering and dying.
      He is the meaning of our lives. He must affect the present,
      because what is not loved in the present is not loved, and what
      is not affirmed in the present is not affirmed. "Your name was
      born from what you looked at." (John Paul II) The law of existence
      is love, because love is to affirm something outside of myself
      with my actions. All of life is in function of something greater, is in
      function of God. Our life is in function of You, O Christ. "I look for
      your face." "I look for your face." This is the essence of time. "I
      look for your face." This is the essence of the heart. "I look for
      your face." This is the nature of reason.

      7th Station
      Jesus falls for the second time

      If we pay attention to our days, to each input of sacrifice, which
      we make, we truly perceive ourselves as redeemers, rebuilders
      of destroyed cities, redeemers with Christ. Thus our action
      opens out, opens up: with the presence of Christ, with the heart
      of Christ, our personal life breaks through the horizon and opens
      itself to the Infinite, an Infinite that, like the light of the sun,
      reaches the hovels, the dark places, making everything new. We
      must collaborate with that for which Christ died.

      "Vocation" means being particularly called to this, to making this
      inevitable for us: participating in that action through which Christ
      died in order to redeem, in order to save man. We cannot walk
      the streets and look at the faces of others without feeling a
      longing, a yearning desire to save them. It is within this yearning
      that we save ourselves.

      8th Station
      Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem

      We cannot look at Christ without the awareness of being
      sinners. That we are sinners is a judgment that emerges when
      we look at the face of Him whom we've grieved. Our days instead
      are dominated by distraction, so our hearts remain arid, and
      what we do is full of claims.

      9th Station
      Jesus falls for the third time

      "It pleased the Lord to prostrate Him in pain." God is positivity,
      God is Being; everything that does not finish in this word doesn't
      exist, isn't true, isn't real. Everything finishes in this word, through
      sacrifice. It is in sacrifice that everything becomes true, including
      yourself and your very life.

      10th Station
      Jesus is stripped of His garments

      We must agree to reject the immediacy with which things
      present themselves to us or solicit us, adhere to the mysterious
      path of God that invites us to follow His word, to follow His
      revelation, the way in which He Himself came to save us, to free
      us. He mounted the cross to free us from the fascination with
      nothingness, to free us from the fascination with appearances,
      with the ephemeral.

      11th Station
      Jesus is nailed to the cross

      Christ crucified is sin condemned by the Father. The cross of
      Christ is the explosion of the awareness of evil. We enter into the
      relationship with Christ through the awareness we have of our
      sin. Here is where the fall without end in us is activated: in the
      absence of the awareness of sin and in the false awareness of
      sin, because regret, skepticism are not awareness of sin. He
      who has the sense of his own sin also has the sense of his own

      12th Station
      Jesus dies on the cross

      We cannot forget at what price we have been saved, every day.
      Sacrifice is not an objection, not even human defeat is an
      objection, but is rather the root of the Resurrection; it is the
      possibility of a true life. The event that reoccurs here and now
      and, if it is first and foremost a fact -- a fact that you cannot
      reduce to nothing, that you cannot censor, that you cannot cancel
      -- if it is first and foremost a fact, it is a fact for you, a fact of
      supreme interest to you. It is a fact for you! For you, for me, for
      me! "For you" is the voice that springs forth from the heart of the
      Crucified One. "For me" is the echo of my heart that suffers, of my
      awareness that suffers. Everything would fall into death without
      this voice, without this Presence.

      13th Station
      Jesus is taken down from the cross

      The whole world judges pain as a punishment, judges the man
      who is touched by pain, forced to renounce, to sacrifice as
      someone stricken and humiliated by God. But Mary does not. It
      was clear to her heart, crucified along with Christ's, that the
      punishment that gives us salvation, that exalts life, was blasted
      upon Him, and for this reason God exalted Him and gave Him a
      name that is above every other name. Fac ut ardeat cor meum in
      amando Christum Deum ut sibi complaceam. Here is the great
      moral law. Here is where the true moral law surges forth. Here is
      where morality springs forth: pleasing the Mystery, pleasing that
      man who was crucified and resurrected so I could be freed.

      14th Station
      Jesus is placed in the tomb

      The threshold to the truth of sacrifice lies in the question: "O God,
      make haste to help me." Here the rolling away of the stone of the
      tomb of our empty actions begins. The Resurrection begins from
      this aspect of our infinite impotence, which is begging, from this
      supreme recognition that God alone is powerful, and from the
      supreme gratitude that He who initiated our existence wants to
      carry it to fulfillment. There is nothing more expressive, universal,
      Catholic, ecumenical, than a heart made new by the "yes" to
      Christ, by that hope in Him for which each of us daily takes up
      the search again, the desire, the asking, the sacrifice of purity.
      Always living a peace in the continually revived mortification.

      Roman catholic News is very happy to announce new exciting
      links available to you, our fine subscribers. Some links require
      Realplayer a software program that allows you to see live
      television and hear audio recordings as well as listen to live
      radio. The software is free. To obtain your free copy go to EWTN
      Live TV and Radio on the link below and scroll down until you
      find the Download Free RealPlayer link and click it on.

      • Live EWTN TV - Spanish • Catholic World Today Radio
      * Today's Homily (Video) • Audio of Today's Homily
      • Audio of Pope's Wednesday Audience • Radio Catolica Mundial
      • Audio of EWTN's The World Over • Mother Angelica Live (Video)
      * The Journey Home (Video) • EWTN Religious Catalogue (Video)

      5. English and Polish-speaking radio Lenten retreats Fr. Justin
      Rosary Hour http://www.RosaryHour.net

      Polish Rosary Hour by the Conventual Fransicans

      Then once inside click on

      The Mama Gili Guild was established several years ago to
      gather, collect, and publish information on Dolores Immacolata
      Gili (1892-1985) for an investigation into her cause as a Servant
      of God, as well as to promote her cause and to perpetuate her
      cult by directing prayer groups assembled in her honor. It has
      continuously enjoyed the ecclesiastical approval of Theodore
      Cardinal McCarrick, and the Most Reverend John Joseph Myers,
      Archbishop of Newark, New Jersey.

      Call or write today regarding favors granted through the
      intercession of Dolores Immacolata "Mama" Gili, or, for more
      information about the cause of her investigation for canonization to:

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the crucified Body of Your dearly beloved Son,
      Jesus Christ, in reparation for all the sins committed against you
      and for the conversion and salvation of the whole world."

      "Eternal Father, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of
      Mary, I offer you the precious Blood of Your dearly beloved Son,