    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2011

      THURSDAY 17 MARCH 2011

      . CARDINAL MAZOMBWE TO TAKE POSSESSION OF TITULAR CHURCH
      . IN MEMORIAM
      . NEW BOOK ON THE SHROUD OF TURIN

      . CARDINAL MAZOMBWE TO TAKE POSSESSION OF TITULAR CHURCH

      VATICAN CITY, 15 JAN 2011 (VIS) - The Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff today announced that at 6 p.m. on Saturday 26 March Cardinal Medardo Joseph Mazombwe, archbishop emeritus of Lusaka, Zambia, will take possession of the title of St. Emerentiana at Tor Fiorenza, Via Lucrino 53, Rome.

      . IN MEMORIAM

      VATICAN CITY, 17 MAR 2011 ( VIS ) - The following prelates died in recent weeks:

      - Bishop Juan Garcia-Santacruz Ortiz of Guadix , Spain , on 12 March at the age of 78.

      - Bishop Oswald Georg Hirmer, emeritus of Umtata , South Africa , on 5 March at the age of 81.

      . NEW BOOK ON THE SHROUD OF TURIN

      The Ancient Jewish Shroud At Turin by John N. Lupia

      A critical study on the Shroud of Turin by the editor of Roman Catholic News
      focusing on it as an archaeological textile.

      This book is the result of forty years of research on the Shroud of Turin and is
      published by Regina Caeli Press in order to assist pilgrims wishing to celebrate
      the Shroud of Turin Exhibition 10 April 2010 through 23 May 2010, at Turin,
      Italy, and anyone interested in the Shroud of Turin.

      This book is destined to be one of the most exciting books you will ever have
      read in Shroud literature since it authenticates the Shroud of Turin as a first
      century Jewish tallit. The tallit design and form is ancient but the only forms
      known today are the medieval types that emerged around 1000 A.D and later. It
      was not until the 17th century that anyone could even have connected the tallit
      with the burial shroud of Jesus. These two facts alone show it could not have
      been a medieval forgery. The fact that it can be authenticated as a first
      century tallit places a stumbling block of equal magnitude in the path of the
      1988 C-14 dating. Both cannot be correct. Plausible explanations are given in
      the book that explain the dating of the linen as being harvested 1260 to 1390
      given by the 1988 C-14 testing showing that several key issues were never
      considered.

      In this investigation it is shown that the Shroud of Turin is an ancient Jewish
      tallit type made before A.D. 66. This ancient form of the tallit provides strong
      evidence that the Shroud of Turin is authentic. It was unknown before the 17th
      cent. that the tallit was identifiable as the burial shroud of Jesus Christ
      precluding that it could be a medieval forgery. Lupia also shows scientific
      evidence that was never considered when the experimental design was made in 1988
      to perform the C-14 testing. A discussion of the image of Jesus Christ on the
      Shroud shows that it was most probably formed by unguent residue from anointing
      the body at burial. Detailed analysis of the various plant extractions used in
      ancient unguents and their chemistry is given showing that is consistent with
      the thin coating found on the Shroud that forms the body image.

      FROM THE BACK COVER

      ANTIQUITIES EXPERT PROVES SHROUD OF TURIN IS AUTHENTIC

      John N. Lupia, a world-renowned antiquities expert, who in October 2002, made
      the breaking news that the so-called James Ossuary was a fake, now has
      archaeological evidence that the Shroud of Turin is authentic.; His new forensic
      research reveals that the Shroud of Turin is an ancient linen tallit garment
      type worn by Essenes at Qumran before A.D. 66 placing the Shroud in this
      timeframe and associating Jesus with this movement by implication. This idea of
      the possible association with the Essenes is also made by Benedict XVI, who
      says, ". . . it appears that not only John the Baptist, but possibly Jesus and
      his family as well, were close to the Qumran community." Moreover, it calls to
      mind the words of the late John Paul II : "The mysterious fascination of the
      Shroud forces questions to be raised about the sacred Linen and the historical
      life of Jesus."

      The cover photograph shows a model wearing a reproduction of the Shroud of Turin
      based on its exact dimensions and shows that it is a textile garment. It is worn
      over an alb.

      In February 2004, the late Dr. Raymond N. Rogers, an internationally celebrated
      chemist who worked directly on the Shroud of Turin in the 1978 STURP Project
      confirmed Lupia's conclusions via email correspondence. "I think I understand
      that you believe that all four corners could have been reinforced and/or
      replaced. Fascinating. Congratulations," Rogers said.

      In an interview Mr. Lupia explained to reporters, "During the Renaissance period
      the Shroud was contaminated with carbon soot from the fire of 1532. It was from
      one of the carbon soot corroded corners that the scientists in 1988 cut the
      sample to date the Shroud, but mistakenly dated the carbon corrosives instead as
      well as atmospheric contamination. The C-14 dating predominantly tells us the
      date circa 1260-1390 of the mixture of carbonated corrosion and ancient linen,
      as well as atmospheric contamination not the actual age of the linen textile of
      the Shroud."

      Ian Wilson, the celebrated Shroud scholar and historian told reporters "Mr.
      Lupia has something to say that is new, interesting and most meticulously
      researched."

      Since 1988 critics have erroneously pointed to the medieval date as evidence the
      Shroud is a hoax or fraud.

      You don't need to have a PayPal account and log in. Simply press the continue
      button and pay with your credit card.

      $27.99 + $4.50 Shipping & handling

      First Edition

      ISBN : 0982673906

      ISBN : 978-0-9826739-0-4

      Copyright 2009 John N. Lupia III

      Regina Caeli Press 2010

      Friday of the First Week of Lent

      Reading 1 : Ez 18:21-28

      Gospel : Mt 5:20-26

      "If the wicked man turns away from all the sins he committed,
      if he keeps all my statutes and does what is right and just,
      he shall surely live, he shall not die."

      This scripture verse is a call to everyone to repent from their wicked habits and to reform themselves by doing what is right by following the teachings of the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

      Lent is a time for us to take a deeper look at ourselves and be honest about our wicked habits, our favorite sins, our weaknesses, our failings.

      Turn to Jesus and ask Him for the graces necessary to overcome all your sinfulness and to reform your life.

      Jesus tells us that even being angry at your neighbor is sinful. He demands that we be people of peace and harmony and promote unity.

      If you are angry with someone then it brings about discord instead of harmony, tension instead of peace, and division instead of unity.

      As we look at our global society we see global discord, tensions, and divisions. There is already too much anger in the world.

      Christ calls us out of the world to live in it and to shed His light.

      It is impossible to shed His light into the darkness of the world if we are angry with one another.

      Now is the time to promote unity. Today we see a major migration of Anglicans reuniting with the Holy Roman Catholic Church.

      This Lent, do something for God as an act of charity to promote unity within the Church. We are very near the gate to unity with the Greek Orthodox Church.

      Offer your prayers and fasting, and a daily Rosary for Church unity.

      Work and pray for unity and peace and harmony within your home and within your family.

      Be slow to anger and realize we are all imperfect, all lacking in something, so be more tolerant of one another.

      "If the wicked man turns away from all the sins he committed,
      if he keeps all my statutes and does what is right and just,
      he shall surely live, he shall not die."

      Seek, therefore, the eternal life of grace with Jesus, Mary and Joseph in Paradise.

      Think of this throughout your day. The next time someone gives you cause to be angry be tolerant and patient instead. Pray to Jesus and Mary for the grace to be able to remain calm, and be a little more understanding, and to be patient with others rather than mad. If you ask for the grace not to be so angry and upset God will hear your prayer and be generous with you giving you the peace that the world cannot give so that you may spread peace with Him.