cingeneyizinternational The Peripatetics (Gypsy) of Japan

  • Xulaj
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
      Goddammit "Gypsy" isn't a social category, it is an ethnic category!!!  Batwas and Burakumins are NOT  "Gypsies".

      Ian Hancock

      At 06:16 AM 2/17/2010, you wrote:

      The Peripatetics (Gypsy) of Japan

      �Gypsies from all over the world"s last topic was about the Rwanda Peripatetics: Batwas and our new topic is Japan Peripatetic group Burakamins; the untouchables of Japanese ; they will be our guests with their life conditions which is built by the systematic discrimination that they are facing and their handicrafts . It is estimated as 6 million burakamins which refers to 2% of the population live in Japanese.

      Until the 19th century when discriminations were banned Burakamins were a part of a cast called �Senmin�. Senmins who don�t have fields to plow were connected to �eligible� people �Konmin�s. Some of the Senmins were working in Konmins' fields as field-hands and some of them were doing the traditional handicarafts. This second group who wasn't working in the fields was accepted as magicians and they were believed as in they were able to communicate with the hyperphysical powers. Burakamins started to be considered as political threat after the Buddhism integration to the Japan culture and depending on this they faced more discrimination.

      Japan Peripatetics used to do jobs like bathing the deceased, executioner, gravedigger, lather workers, butcher but today those professions lost their importance. But this reality didn�t change the low status of Burakamins in Gadjo people�s eyes. In 1960s Japanese government started a very big assimilation program. Government made observable amendment on Burakamin�s life conditions by spending spent 12 trillion yen and also they also accepted discrimination as a crime. But still being a Burakamin is a bad sign for traditional Japan Gadjo for employments and marriage. Today 9% of the Japan Peripatetics are working as officers in state institutes and municipalities, but these usually have low status and most of the people who are working for the municipalities are garbage collecters. In cities Burakamins have more chance to take part in social life by hiding their identities but in rural regions they face more social exclusion.

      www.cingeneyiz.org
      Roma, Pavee, Yeniche, Rudari. People who identify themselves as Gypsy or who are identified as Gypsy. Here is your web page !

    • Xulaj
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
        > d=googlegroups.com; s=beta;
        > h=domainkey-signature:received:x-beenthere:received:received:received
        > :received:received-spf:received:mime-version:received:in-reply-to
        > :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to
        > :x-original-authentication-results:x-original-sender:reply-to
        > :precedence:mailing-list:list-id:list-post:list-help:list-archive
        > :x-thread-url:x-message-url:sender:list-unsubscribe:content-type;
        > bh=fJQOzerKNEppBWaSPyjbukIMOUNh21AP1cvmlcd2FGQ=;
        > b=21tj/+QwT3KHRBdGLlqXuoXdZe+X34qNKauvtkC31lS1bJC9tb999yZRUJwVdYf6K0
        > NvTRJCTp5rH+vhCoERko/Zfv3hMQM1SIN2HM/Rw08tNqMIVnH5dE77ADSMdGaxdGRs2v
        > NlBTHcVeLrt5HiK5JrNPV/ZbGSPuvu5O13gFE=
        > d=googlegroups.com; s=beta;
        > h=x-beenthere:received-spf:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date
        > :message-id:subject:from:to:x-original-authentication-results
        > :x-original-sender:reply-to:precedence:mailing-list:list-id
        > :list-post:list-help:list-archive:x-thread-url:x-message-url:sender
        > :list-unsubscribe:content-type;
        > b=zrn9OCbKKVXlcwgP2kvSOgptzV/Vs0+mX9Fmia0Yejfj2QXe4cZoP4lSYVkSFj6Qg+
        > STvKnYH72XgQQfLeP9m1HNmcmwyvubBybM35qes7k1RNMdj3sDK7jx5PB22SsSycSc0O
        > FAuRl0jADSWzLMzvX+Ftp/vNNW99NN0eRNnSU=
        >Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:19:56 +0200
        >Subject: Re: cingeneyizinternational The Peripatetics (Gypsy) of Japan
        >From: muzaffer erol <erol.muzaffer@...>
        >To: cingeneyizinternational@...
        >Sender: cingeneyizinternational@...
        >
        >Dear Hancock,
        >
        >First of all, I advise you that try to keep your hair on, calm down!!!
        >
        >In many parts of the world there are Gypsies or so called
        >"gypsy-like" communities. In my opinion Batwas and Burakumins are
        >Gypsy communities, I can see the similarities between Batwas and
        >Gypsies in my country (Turkey). They are all discriminated and they
        >are all craftsmen. For me it is enaugh to describe them as Gypsies.
        >
        >What is Gyspy ? Cingeneyiz thinks that Batwas, Burakumins are Gypsy
        >communities. for you who are the Gypsies?
        >
        >Muzaffer Erol
        >
        >--
      • Xulaj
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
> [...]
          > > > crime. But stillbeing a Burakamin is a bad sign for traditional Japan
          > > > Gadjo foremployments and marriage. Today 9% of the Japan Peripatetics
          > > are
          > > > workingas officers in state institutes and municipalities, but these
          > > > usuallyhave low status and most of the people who are working for
          > > > themunicipalities are garbage collecters. In cities Burakamins have
          > > > morechance to take part in social life by hiding their identities but
          > > > inrural regions they face more social exclusion.
          > > >
          > > > www.cingeneyiz.org
          > > > Roma, Pavee, Yeniche, Rudari. People who identify themselves as Gypsy
          > > > orwho are identified as Gypsy. Here is your web page !
          > > >
          > > > --
          > > --
          >
          >--
          >Sicherer, schneller und einfacher. Die aktuellen Internet-Browser -

        • Ronald Lee

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 17, 2010
                Hi, I'm the new Samurai action figure chop chop!!!

                Yvonne Slee