Producer David Sams To Bring Roller Sports Back To TV!

  • solidinfo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008
      9 Time Emmy Winning Producer David Sams Announces Plans To Bring
      Roller Sports Back To Television and the Internet

      (Beverly Hills, CA) David Sams, the TV guru who helped launch the
      OPRAH WINFREY Show and turn WHEEL OF FORTUNE and JEOPARDY into the
      two highest-rated syndicated series of all-time, announced today that
      he intends to put banked-track Roller Sports back on Television and
      the Internet in 2008. Sams was the executive producer, producer, and
      color commentator of ROLLERGAMES when it aired in syndication in the
      late 80s and early 90s. The program was ranked amongst the top
      syndicated weekly series, delivering a 4.7 rating in its debut--
      nearly double that of AMERICAN GLADIATORS.

      States Sams, "Now is the time to bring back this great family sport.
      We intend to work with the best leagues, teams, and players from
      around the nation to mount this effort." Sams says that talks are
      currently underway with Television broadcast and cable networks. In
      addition, he is meeting with a number of leagues and teams over the
      next two weeks. "Viewers deserve the best of the best; I will not
      settle for anything but the very best players from all across
      America. That's a promise!," Sams says.

      As for whether or not the games would include roller track obstacles
      that made their way into the earlier RollerGames series like THE WALL
      OF DEATH, SKYJUMP, and live ALLIGATOR PIT, Sams said, "Our first
      priority is to garner the very best skaters; beyond, that, I have no
      comment at this time." There has been talk that TV executives want
      both a shark and alligator pit this time around.

      Sams is considered to be one of the greatest Television marketers of
      all time. He also has produced thousands of hours of TV programming,
      and won 9 Emmys.

      For more on Sams, please visit www.DavidSams.com. Players, teams and
      leagues interested in participating in this new venture should send
      their photos and bio information to david@....

      For more information visit RollerGames.com. For the latest in Roller
      Sports news visit RollerStars.com now.