5280 Fightclub 131, Dairyland Dolls 98

  • Geoffrey Saucer (Scott Sauer)
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2007
      5280 Fightclub 131, Dairyland Dolls 98

      Hoping to shake off their summertime blues with a home bout against
      the Rocky Mountain Rollergirls' 5280 Fightclub, a young Dairyland
      Dolls team learned the hurtin' of interleague play, falling to the
      visitors 131-98. Awash with oxygen, the Denver squad came to win,
      and win they did, opening up a 30 point lead by the end of the first
      twenty minute period behind star jammers She Who Will Cannot Be Named
      and Frida Beater, who alternated on almost every jam. Madison made
      adjustments in the second period, but Rocky Mountain built the lead to
      38 by the end of two. Dolls veterans Darling Nikki and Dolly Pardon
      Me made up some ground as Madison's green defense leaned how to shut
      down Denver's scoring duo, but in the end the early gap remained, with
      RMRG taking the win, 131-98.

      For more thorough recaps, check out madrollindolls.com in the coming days.

      Scott "Geoffrey Saucer" Sauer
      "Call Me Mr. Saucer!"
    • poobah_of_derby
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 22, 2007
        Any relation to Trish the Dish? I met her younger brother at
        RollerCon, and joked about giving him a derby name involving "saucer."

        --- In RollerDerbyIsSport@yahoogroups.com, "Geoffrey Saucer (Scott
        Sauer)" <geoffreysaucer@...> wrote:

        > Scott "Geoffrey Saucer" Sauer
        > "Call Me Mr. Saucer!"

      • Kill Billie
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 22, 2007
          I have to say, this was a really great experience for the Dairyland
          Dolls who got to play in this bout. We went into the game knowing
          that it would be an uphill battle for us, since our roster was going
          to be mostly first year rookies. I'd encourage all of you to
          consider scheduling interleague games for not just your "all star"
          teams, but also for other skaters in your league, if you have enough
          people who are interested. I grew more as a skater while preparing
          for and participating in this bout than I did during our entire home
          season.

          This was an important learning year for the Mad Rollin' Dolls, and
          we've gained some invaluable knowledge with our losses this season.
          Look for us to come back strong in '08!

          Thanks to RMRG for coming out to play us - hopefully we'll meet on
          the track again soon.

          Kill Billie, not officially representing MRD