Re: Olevia 537H

  • dahauss
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
      I have a HAIER 42 inch PLASMA and it does the same thing.. BUT only with the ROKU and not any other HDMI device I have plugged in.

      Hope ROKU can FIX THIS...

      --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "bigj164019" <jlangston@...> wrote:

      > I have same TV and same problem. It is a known and frequent problem on the Roku forum. We hope for a fix in the next Roku update.
      > I have switched to Component cables also and this resolved the issue.
      > I got tired of power cycling and changing sources.
      > I still have hope that Roku will come out with a fix so I can return to a HDMI cable.
      >

      > Jay
      >
      > --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "namakagon2000" <webwilly63@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello Everyone!
      > >
      > > I am new to this group so I hope I am not violating anything by posting
      > > a question like this.
      > > But I'm having a problem I recently bought the Roku XD and plugged it in
      > > to my HDMI port. I have an Olevia 537h. I can watch ok but when I switch
      > > sources, ie hdmi1-hdmi2 etc, I lose the picture. The screen flashes
      > > green and blue aternatelyI then have to pull the power on the Roku to
      > > restart it to get it back. Anyone have any similar experiences?
      > > Thanks for any Help.
      > >
      > > Will [:)]

    • Michael R. Heffernan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2010
        Try using an HDMI cable that you KNOW works.  I had this problem with some inexpensive cables that I purchased online.  Once I used a quality cable problem was solved.

        Michael R. Heffernan

        I have a HAIER 42 inch PLASMA and it does the same thing.. BUT only with the ROKU and not any other HDMI device I have plugged in.

        Hope ROKU can FIX THIS...

        --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "bigj164019" <jlangston@...> wrote:

        > I have same TV and same problem. It is a known and frequent problem on the Roku forum. We hope for a fix in the next Roku update.
        > I have switched to Component cables also and this resolved the issue.
        > I got tired of power cycling and changing sources.
        > I still have hope that Roku will come out with a fix so I can return to a HDMI cable.
        >

        > Jay
        >
        > --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "namakagon2000" <webwilly63@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello Everyone!
        > >
        > > I am new to this group so I hope I am not violating anything by posting
        > > a question like this.
        > > But I'm having a problem I recently bought the Roku XD and plugged it in
        > > to my HDMI port. I have an Olevia 537h. I can watch ok but when I switch
        > > sources, ie hdmi1-hdmi2 etc, I lose the picture. The screen flashes
        > > green and blue aternatelyI then have to pull the power on the Roku to
        > > restart it to get it back. Anyone have any similar experiences?
        > > Thanks for any Help.
        > >
        > > Will [:)]

      • missingendpoint
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 11, 2010
          Have you tried setting the Roku to a lower resolution? I had to do that on my Olevia 237t which shared a lot with the 537h. The 237t is only 720p anyway -- it down-samples any 1080 it sees [and not all that well] -- and 720p [as I recall] has less exacting rights management so it doesn't go all green-screen blinky when switching back and forth.