Re: [RokuDigitalVideoPlayer] Re: Playon

  • Joe Yahoo Sonoma
    Message 1 of 52 , Dec 26, 2012
      I only had a Mac when I got the free month of the plug in. They do that so you can see if your system works with it. That's the whole point if the free trial period . If it doesn't work - you don't have to pay. I then realized I needed a  pc - bought one / and tech support for playon guided me through learning a pc / installing and getting on the wireless networ and roku all if it. They were very helpful to me. Got it running- and it's been fine ever since.

      Original Song -- Almost Christmas

      http://joe.thelemistas.org/cufflink/almost.mp3

      On Dec 26, 2012, at 5:04 PM, bob jones <myballoon123@...> wrote:

      I'm a server Engineer (Linux) and formerly MCSE and I tried playon on 7 computers
      the one that finally worked was not inside their specs but it did work.

      But the playon gives me nothing more than I had (or wanted) I mainly wanted the add on /almost free Roku
      Since they steadily refused to send it I'm in negiotations with them to get my $ back

      It's been over 1 month and still nothing; so who cares about support when they keep your $$ anyway !??!!

      An honest and reputable company would just either say "here's your money back sorry you were not happy" in a timely manner or they would try something like remote control of my home PC and t/shoot it for me.

      They either are (1) unable or incompetent to do or even suggest this or (2) Just wasting my time.

      I suspect that this is just a couple of techies esp since I always get email from one or the other of them.

      I'm calling Visa again tomorrow and we'll see what happens

      On 12/26/2012 1:51 PM, pamela wrote:

      I have windows 8, and downloaded Playon just this week. It seem to work just find.

      --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "vrwrite" <purple99van@...> wrote:

      > Windows 7 works great as well...just for the record.
      >
      > --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "wornout_99" <wornout99@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well, for one, I had to jump through hoops to make sure I downloaded Flash via I.E only, and of course this was after removing all references of Flash on the system. Some of that can't be done on Windows 8, via the control panel but I did a 'search everything' and found it buried in some system files (I only found that out after doing what their numerous emails said to do that didn't work until I deleted these system files). Seems to be a problem with the ability of the software to run on Windows 8 and a browser other than I.E. My understanding is people running Windows 2000 or XP do just fine but I gave those systems up years ago. This is my 5th computer build and I am not going to run old system software on this new technology.
      > >
      > > --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, Chad Myers <chadrickmyers@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > ................. What seems to
      > > > be the problem? The software Imo works great, so if your having an
      > > > issue, I'd start looking within instead of blaming bad software. Support.....................

    • Gary Blanks
      Message 52 of 52 , Dec 29, 2012
        I have ROKU and Playon, and love them both.  Would never go back to cable or Satellite.  I only have issue with a few of the Playon channels, but overall everything is good.

        Gary
        NC