Re: [RokuDigitalVideoPlayer]Looking into cutting the cord!

  • Courtney Muir
    Message 1 of 46 , Aug 23, 2012

      Massachusetts. It's not something advertised. I found it in their fine print, and confirmed it by chatting with online.

      On Aug 22, 2012 11:32 PM, "bargainmomrlpa" <bargainmomrlpa@...> wrote:

      What area are you in? The cheapest local only option that I know of for Comcast in the Harrisburg area is $20+taxes.

      Rolinda

      On 8/20/2012 1:39 PM, Courtney Muir wrote:

      Something to look into as well:

      We cut the cord, but struggled too much with an antenna. We called Comcast, and found out that for about $7/month we could add the local stations (PBS, ABC,NBC). We also found out that adding the basics qualified as "bundling" and we saved $14/month on our internet. So, we pay $7 less and get both internet and locals. We have an ION channel as part of the basics that often has Hallmark/Lifetime type movies on it.

      Another option to consider is your library. Our library system has a lot of the Lifetime/hallmark movies available.

      Courtney

    • Rob
      Message 46 of 46 , Dec 23, 2012

        The picture on the product page of the guy sitting there is hilarious. His little TV a billion miles across the room is so sad!

        He can afford a fancy, aftermarket remote/keyboard but apparently really chintzed on his TV. :)

        Rob

        On Dec 23, 2012 12:30 PM, <wakebordz@...> wrote:

        I use this one. Hi to my laptop then use this keyboard from across the room. Has a trackpad so it's like a remote and keyboard in one.

        Wakebordz

        Hi James, you got a link for that remote you use? Thanks, Doug