Re: [RokuDigitalVideoPlayer] CBS shows?

  • joe
    Message 1 of 44 , Mar 19 8:45 AM
      I have a roku with the playon plug in - i now have basic cable with showtime hbo and a ton of other live stations - its not perfect and not for everyone / channels sometimes do not load or take 45 seconds to come on - but the cost is the price of a small pc laptop, some type of Internet service, the playon plugin - lifetime subscription comes with a roku player that unsold in eBay for 55 bucks- and that's it. I'm
      Watching msnbc right now.

      On Mar 6, 2012, at 11:58 AM, "Kim Amond" <kamond1@...> wrote:

      You can get it on Amazon Prime but you have to pay $79 for the membership and for the newer episodes you will pay a fee.  I do it because we use Amazon a lot and you get free shipping from them on all purchases as a Prime member.  We pay to watch Sons of Anarchy from FX which is about 1.99 an episode.  Still way cheaper than cable.

      Kim

      Message 44 of 44 , Jul 15, 2012
        I have TV Links on my PlayOn settings. I believe you just have to click
        "enable" to make it work on the Roku, but it's been a while since I tried
        it. There is a free trial of PlayOn/PlayLater so I would suggest that first
        to see if you like them. I like that Hulu is on there and not HuluPlus,
        because I don't have the HuluPlus subscription and there aren't a lot of
        shows on it that I would watch so I don't want to add it right now. There
        are also a ton of private channels that you can access. Google "Roku private
        channels" and there will be a lot of results. I've used this one
        http://www.rokuprivatechannels.com/ successfully. You will have to sign into
        your Roku account at www.roku.com. then add the channel by going to My
        Account and click on Add A Private Channel under the Manage Account title.
        There's usually a code that's four to whatever digits long that you would
        need to type in.

        http://streamfree.tv/apps/roku-private-channels/ is a really good site for
        private channels lists too. If you want to add a channel and you don't see
        it, just try googling it with "roku private channel" and see if it comes up.
        I've found several that way that weren't on the published lists.

        Paula Noakes
        pjnoakes@...