Re: Which Roku

  • Mary Beckmann
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2012
      I purchased the most expensive because it has the media card (but I haven't used it once). My brother bought the lower end model and his works just as well as mine does. If I had to do it again, I'd buy the lower end one. Mary

    • Beth Knowles
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2012
        I got the ROKU XS because it has a usb port (so I can plug in a flash drive to show pictures or MP4 movies). Since it's wireless, I can pop it in my purse, take it and my flash drive over to a friend's house, and play them a movie (plus show them how they can cut the cable cord themselves!).

        I love it!

        Beth

        To: RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com
        From: jenalr0418@...
        Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 15:58:52 -0500
        Subject: RE: [RokuDigitalVideoPlayer] Which Roku

        We have two LT's and love them both. We watch a lot of Netflix, HuluPlus
        and Crackle.

        Jennifer

        Hi All,
        We have just got rid of Direct TV. With the plan to buy a Roku, we are just
        wondering which one to buy? What are the main differences between the
        different models? All we plan to do basically is watch Netflixs, with that
        in mind will the Roku LT at $49 serve our need, or should we pay more for
        one of the other models?

        thanks

      • Paul Crowley
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 6, 2012
          I have two XDS units.  Mostly because the XDS has a separate optical audio output which works with my older sound processors which do not support HDMI.  This means I can feed digital audio in with HDMI for the TV.

          If you do not need that, any of the models will probably work well for you.  As the dropped the separate optical output I'm not in the market for a new Roku box until I have a new sound processor which do switch HDMI.

          Paul Crowley
          480-963-2390 / www.infinadyne.com

          Sent from my iPad

          On Mar 6, 2012, at 8:30 AM, Mary Beckmann <ponotoc2@...> wrote:

          I purchased the most expensive because it has the media card (but I haven't used it once). My brother bought the lower end model and his works just as well as mine does. If I had to do it again, I'd buy the lower end one. Mary

        • Brian Wachsmuth
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 20, 2012
            I bought the Roku 2 XS as it's the only current model with a real
            Ethernet port and I prefer to hard wire devices which are not really
            portable.

            I've wired the whole house with plenty of ports home run to the
            communication closet and a business class gig-E switch that will out
            perform wireless any day.

            Sent from my iPod