Re: Starz coming to Roku?

  • Don
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2011
      --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "markaz62" <markaz62@...> wrote:

      > Starz looking at launching HBO Go type service early next year. However, it may be available to internet only customers and possibly others.
      >
      > http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/11/starz-planning-new-digital-strategy-as-netflix-deal-ends.html

      HBO Go is only available for customers of DirectTV and other cable/sat. providers and if they choose to provide that to those customers. There is no guarantee that they will. I don't think Comcast will
    • Scott Greczkowski
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
        HBO Go is currently available for customers of AT&T U-verse, Charter, COX, DIRECTV, DISH Network, RCN, Suddenlink, Verizon, WOW and Comcast Xfinity.

        Source HBOGo.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011
          The Starz version may be available to internet only customers.
          "Albrecht was discussing a scenario in which people might pay for numerous channels, including Starz, over the Internet instead of through traditional cable television"

          http://www.multichannel.com/article/476882-Starz_Eyes_Authentication_Product.php

          --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Greczkowski" <scott@...> wrote:

          > HBO Go is currently available for customers of AT&T U-verse, Charter, COX, DIRECTV, DISH Network, RCN, Suddenlink, Verizon, WOW and Comcast Xfinity.
          >
          > Source HBOGo.
          > http://www.hbogo.com/#signup/

        • californiabreadbaker
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2011