RE: [RokuDigitalVideoPlayer] Re: Looking for Roku friendly universal remote

  • Chris Lemon
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 28 8:39 PM
      I think that will end better for you. I have one of those Philips remotes
      and I absolutely hate it. Unintuitive as hell to set up, the channel logos
      (for the Favorites system everyone seems to be so fond of) are horribly
      outdated, it just feels lame and old. I am MUCH happier with my Harmony One.

      Message 2 of 29 , Mar 1, 2011
        Good to hear.  I think they have released the 12 button configuration for everyone now (they have had the 9 for a while, but the 12 was for beta testing only).  If they don't have it when you try to configure your remote, check out this post:

        and/or PM the MarkLE guy who made that post and he should be able to help you.

        Preston

        So it looks like I'm going to pickup the Logitech Harmony 300 from a local Target for $29.99. If it doesn't work out, I'll get the Philips one from Amazon. The Harmony just looks like it will be easier for my wife to use.

        Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions!!
        Josh

      • josh
        Message 3 of 29 , Mar 1, 2011
          So I picked up the remote tonight, very slick programming process - Just tell the internet what sort of devices you have, plug in the remote and it's done. I tested it briefly, so far so good, but my wife is watching a show now so I don't want to interrupt here.

          I recommend it. Turns out it was the 300i, not the 300. The only difference is that the 300i has a glossy finish (which I don't care for) but I don't think they make the 300 anymore (It's not on the logitech web site, only the 300i is)

          Josh

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Sue Ostlund
          Message 4 of 29 , Mar 3, 2011
            Thanks for the universal remote ideas and for your feedback on the 300i. Just
            purchased the harmony 300i and so far very pleased with it!