How to add USTVNow for the Roku in the US

  • Lewis
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 12, 2011
      How to add the USTVNow for the Roku in the US.

      1.) Add the channel at https://owner.roku.com/add/USTVNOW

      2.) Go to http://miniprox.com/ (this is a proxy to sign-up for the service)

      3.) Type ustvnow.com in the "Enter URL" box

      4.) Then create an account.

      5.) Check your email and confirm the account.

      6.) Go to the USTVNow on the Roku and get your linking code

      7.) Next link the Roku at http://www.ustvnow.com/roku

      That's it. You will now be able to watch ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW and PBS for free. There are other pay options available for more channels.
    • kleighred
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 12, 2011
        Thank you, thank you, thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Now, is there any chance I could get the same kind of detailed instructions for adding tv.com to my Roku? I've seen lots of talk about it, but I can't find the details. Would really appreciate it!

        --- In RokuDigitalVideoPlayer@yahoogroups.com, "Lewis" <lewislee1970@...> wrote:

        > How to add the USTVNow for the Roku in the US.
        >
        > 1.) Add the channel at https://owner.roku.com/add/USTVNOW
        >
        > 2.) Go to http://miniprox.com/ (this is a proxy to sign-up for the service)
        >
        > 3.) Type ustvnow.com in the "Enter URL" box
        >
        > 4.) Then create an account.
        >
        > 5.) Check your email and confirm the account.
        >
        > 6.) Go to the USTVNow on the Roku and get your linking code
        >
        > 7.) Next link the Roku at http://www.ustvnow.com/roku
        >
        > That's it. You will now be able to watch ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW and PBS for free. There are other pay options available for more channels.

      • Toby Petrie
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 12, 2011
          I've had USTVNOW for a couple weeks, and I notice it seems to buffer a lot,
          particularly during popular viewing times (Superbowl, American Idol). Not
          saying it's not a start, but the live feed thing has a way to go.
        • Chris G
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2011
            I discovered Superbowl Sunday when I started watching the game on a tv picking up antenna and then finished on the tv using tvnow on roku, that every time it buffered that it basically paused the Superbowl. I changed TV's during halftime and found that I was 30 minutes or so behind when I changed TV's. Lowering the screen resolution in Roku Settings (making it 4:3 vs 1080P) helped dramatically. Since the roku wasn't on that channel prior to me going downstairs and putting it on, I imagine a restart would be required every once in a while because the "live" tv gets more and more delayed as time progresses.

            On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 12:57 AM, Toby Petrie <petrieville@...> wrote:
            I've had USTVNOW for a couple weeks, and I notice it seems to buffer a lot,
            particularly during popular viewing times (Superbowl, American Idol).  Not
            saying it's not a start, but the live feed thing has a way to go.

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)