Playon and private channels.

  • RokuDigitalVideoPlayer-owner@yahoogroups.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
      Just a reminder that the PlayOn server requires a minimum of a dual core 2GHz computer to work OK streaming to the Roku. The Roku streams require more processing power to transcode to than the streams for a DLNA client. My computer is about 85% loaded streaming to a Roku vs 50% loaded streaming to a DLNA client.

      Also I'd like to keep down the message volume here by focusing more on private channels and not questions that are better answered over on the official Roku forum:
      http://forums.roku.com/viewforum.php?f=28
      There are 4,005 folks subscribed here so every post here generates up to that number of emails! All postings here are moderated which is why you'll see them go out in batches and I do try to cut out the "me too" and duplicate information postings. I'm working full time again so may only release postings once or twice a day - you'll get a faster answer to general questions over on the official forums. PlayOn questions are banned over there so this is definitely the place to discuss that.

      Also I used to read through every single post on the official forum to glean out the new private channels but now that I'm working again and the volume over there has picked WAY up I may miss some - please help out and post any you see here. Thanks!
    • Richman
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2011
        I don't want to spoil it, but my dual core computer busted so I installed the PlayOn server on my pentium 4 3GHz desktop and it's working just fine.