Setting the knitting down for the last time: "quiet needles."

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2006
      Longtime knitter Mary Hannon of Minnesota has suddenly passed away,
      and we feel that many of our friends and readers may have probably
      met her at Seminars or knitting classes.

      Mary's family sent this information:

      --------------------

      Mom passed away on Tuesday, September 19th. Her services will be
      Saturday, September 23, 2006 at the Church of St. Paul in St. Cloud.
      Visitation will be at 10:00 AM with the services at 11:00. For
      further information please visit BensonFuneralHome.com

      Mary Hannon Family

      --------------------

      I apologize for sending this blanket message out because I know many
      readers are not in our area, but this was the most appropriate way to
      share the info.

      Those of you who have purchased the pattern book "Pretty and
      Practical" have seen the ribbed stocking hat pattern Mary
      contributed, called "Mary's Hat." Mary was a machine knitter for
      several decades, hand knitter, crocheter and loved crafts of all
      kinds. Mary was also very supportive of the machine knitting industry
      and continued to attend seminars and workshops until recently. I
      believe Mary was an original subscriber to such long-time
      publications as Knitting News and Views and Machine Knitters Source,
      and was a continuous subscriber to our Rocking Horse News knitting
      publication.

      Mary will be missed! We will be doing a tribute to Mary and other
      knitters who have put down their needles for the last time at our
      September Seminar next week.

      JW