store announcement

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2006
      Hello friends, this is a friendly reminder that Rocking Horse Farm
      will be doing business on an "appointment only" basis for the rest of
      this week. Carole and Fred are away at the wedding of their
      granddaughter. The store will be open by special arrangement only.

      You can imagine that Carole will be presenting the bridal couple with
      gifts made with her own loving hands. The bridal couple will receive
      a Wedding Ring Afghan, knit with Tamm acrylic yarn (so it is easily
      washable) using the design motifs from the pattern book "Heirloom
      Afghans." The design includes wedding bells, interlocked rings, and
      an area where Carole was able to include the couple's name and the
      date of the wedding. (Jason writes: speaking as a man, I'm sure the
      husband will appreciate the date shown, for future reference. There
      will be no excuse for forgetting their anniversary date.) The afghan
      is machine knit using the G Carriage, and finished by hand. The
      afghan panels were assembled by hand using the "afghan latching
      technique" that was illustrated in a past issue of the ROCKING HORSE
      NEWS pattern newsletter.

      For the bridal shower, Carole did machine embroidery on a number of
      items that the couple will use in their kitchen and bath.

      Anyway, after this weekend things will be back to business as usual.
      I am currently preparing a mailing that will be sent soon to former
      newsletter subscribers and other friends to remind them about the
      SEPTEMBER SEMINAR, Sept. 28-30. I will write more about it as soon as
      I have posted the class schedules. Some of our guest demonstrators
      who will travel here to teach have yet to confirm their sessions.
      The list of knitting machine demonstrators who have confirmed are:
      Joyce Anderson, Shawn Dolan, Skip Grettum, Diane Juul (Passap), Linda
      Molden, Pat Plett, Carole Wurst, and Jason Wurst; as well as Jerome
      Jensen and Barb Kuklok (machine embroidery and sewing), Sharon
      Rassier (round sock knitting machines and spinning wheels), and Jan
      Ebner (wagon wheel rag rugs). We will also have a hand knitting
      instructor as well as another machine knitting instructor.

      There is a printable registration form in the "files" section of this
      yahoo group.

      Happy knitting and sewing!