august knitting & embroidery news

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2006
      Has everyone remembered to exhibit at their local fairs or festivals?
      Many fairs now have specific categories for machine embroidery, or
      machine quilting, or machine knitting. There are also places that now
      have categories for handspun yarn, or hand-dyed yarn! Take advantage
      of these.

      It's always important to show off your fiber art or craft. Not simply
      to feel good about showing something or competing for a ribbon, but
      because exhibiting these items shows the rest of the world that YES,
      THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS! In the machine knitting industry it has
      helped raise awareness of machine knitting, for example.

      August YARN SALE: Tamm ESTILO is on sale until the end of August.

      ESTILO

      60% Acrylic/ 40% Nylon

      Approximately 1 pound cones

      3,670 yards per pound
      Suggested knitting tension: 3-4.5

      Washing instructions: Machine wash gentle cycle, (cool water and
      mild soap) and dry (low heat).

      Comments: Thin novelty yarn. Highly resistant, good wear and
      washability. Suited for blouses,
      baby clothes and dresses.

      Sale price is $17.95/1 pound cone.

      AUGUST CLASSES AND EVENTS:
      August is not known for having many seminars or classes around the
      country, but we still have our clubs at Rocking Horse Farm!

      Machine Embroidery Club: Saturday, August 5, 10am

      Machine Knitting Club: Saturday, August 5, 1:30pm. Double Jacquard
      demo