stained glass sewing project, new knitting publications, and more news

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20, 2006
      Today is DAY 1 of Sewing Camp, and as I type this it is 9pm and a
      half dozen ladies are busily working on Stained Glass projects. I've
      made a folder in the "photos" section with pics so you can see what
      I'm talking about. The class is being taught by Barb K., and I
      mentioned Barb's cd's and the link in my last message.

      The summer issue of the ROCKING HORSE NEWS Knitting Machine Pattern
      Publication has been sent. If you didn't receive your copy, your
      subscription needs to be renewed. Remember, it is a PRINT-ONLY
      publication.

      Color pictures of all patterns and hints from the Summer Issue are
      available at our website, here:

      http://home.earthlink.net/~rhfarm/id7.html

      Patterns in this issue include a Woven Tote Bag, updates of the
      Making Waves crochet-look vest, article about the meaning behind
      "Prayer Shawls," hand-knit shawl pattern, information about
      participating in the charitable knitting & sewing project called
      Sheila's Shawls, update for Carole's SIDEWAYS KNIT SWEATER pattern,
      and a page of tips to read before beginning any sweater project.

      We have advance copies of the "premiere" issue of the new and
      improved KNITTING MACHINE NEWS & VIEWS. There are great patterns and
      technique pages, seminar events and club listings for North America,
      and more. The September/October 2006 issue is the first one issued by
      the new owner/editor, Linda of Country Knitting in Maine. We can send
      you this premiere issue for $5.99 +s/h.

      We are offering some of our Creative Machine Embroidery magazines and
      Quilting & Embroidery magazines to our Sewing Camp guests on a "buy 1
      get 1 free" sale, and any leftovers will be offered to guests at
      September Seminar. For readers who can't attend these events,
      remember us when you are looking to complete your collection of back
      issues of Creative Machine Embroidery, Machine Knitters Source,
      INKnitters, Knitwords, News and Views, and Duet (for Passap
      machines). Call or email with your needs.

      Happy knitting and sewing!